Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dependent on where you live but here in Florida the fire season is over and the rainy season is starting. We get 40-60% chance of rain every day. I was washing my car once a week but now that it rains almost everyday I dunno what to do. The combination of pollen and rain makes my black stang look real dirty.

So do you guys still wash like you normally do or do you wait for a few days that look clear before washing. Should I just wash it regularly and forget the fact it's going to rain? I suppose it's all personal preference but would like to hear some opinions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Every few weeks I wash my car by hand regardless of the weather. It rains a few days a week where I am. The dirt build up looks bad on the White body so it needs it. Even if it rains right after, it still looks great after giving it a cleaning.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
When the weather gets stuck in a rainy cycle I wait til it looks like there's going to be at least a 2 or 3 day opening with no rain before I go to the trouble. Not that you can ever really count on the forecast but I try to plan it out so I have the car looking good as long as possible.

I will admit though "the trouble" seems alot less since I bought several of the Griot's Garage cleaning products and tools. The water blade and Spray-on Wax all but eliminate the hand drying step so now I feel like I can wash and wax the car in the time it use to take just to wash it. Their window cleaner is really nice too, gives you time to work so doing the glass is no longer the huge PITA it used to be.

·
Registered
361 Posts
When the weather gets stuck in a rainy cycle I wait til it looks like there's going to be at least a 2 or 3 day opening with no rain before I go to the trouble. Not that you can ever really count on the forecast but I try to plan it out so I have the car looking good as long as possible.
this is exactly what i do, esp in the summer season in Jersey where there can be long stretches of t-storms predicted every day. but sometimes i just have to bite the bullet because in that case the car really needs the bath. but i don't mind so much cause i've noticed if it rains and i'm not driving, the car will stay just as clean as if i just washed it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I wash my car every Saturday...but if it rains on the weekend...I wait for the next time the sun comes out...like 412horses mentioned, hopefully there is a good break of at least 2-3 days to make it worth it.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
We can go weeks without rain in Calgary but you still have to wash your car because the dust accumulates big time when it's dry.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Here in San Diego the rainy season is winter, I wash mine on average once a week. If it rained every day I'd probably still wash my car once a week, otherwise its too easy to go without washing for weeks on end.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. I'll probably go with once a week still. If it rains o well. Water spots with pollen around them just looks so bad.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i normally do a wash once a week but lately i wash the car and then next time i drive it its filthy again so during the rainy season i do a wash every week still, but when I see its about to pour i just leave the car outside for natures carwash:)

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
When I had my silver one it was less frequent because silver hides the dirt well, but now that I have a white car, I think I will be washing it once a week.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I check the weather.. if it's gonna rain within a week, I don't wash it.

Or I wash it and just drive my other car

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've been washing the car almost twice a week...I took it in for a good clay bar wax at a local shop, and now I'm confident that I'll only have to wash it once every week or week and a half, at least until the wax wears down in 3-6 months. The water just beads right off! I'm Sooo Happy with the wax job...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I wash mine the same amount of times, i just dont put the same amount of effort into it because i know it will rain soon always

·
Registered
937 Posts
We can go weeks without rain in Calgary but you still have to wash your car because the dust accumulates big time when it's dry.
Daytime sand storms and night time pine tree pollen piss me off. :madas: How's a guy supposed to keep a dark blue car clean? :nogrinner

·
Registered
359 Posts
If we need the rain, I just wash mine because it virtually guarantees a downpour...

Also, I like to air dry it right after washing :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.