Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Gt Convertible, 5 spd. Is the self adjustment the only way to adjust the clutch, or is there another way, like the way www.corral.net describes it? They prescribe a way to adjust the engage/disengage point. It sounds correct, but I'm curious if anyone here has tried that. They also say that activating the self adjuster will return the clutch to the normal engage/disengage point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you want to adjust the clutch using the self adjuster then you just need to lift the clutch pedal. If you want to set it at your own setting the you can get under the dash and set the plastic quadriant a notch back. this will give it a little slack in the cable. When you need to get a new clutch go ahead and invest in a new cable, aluminum quadriant, and the firewall adjuster. I just had this done on the cobra and its the best thing ever. Any time you need to adjust the cable you just pop the hood and set the clutch where you want it. http://www.dallasmustang.com/index.mvc?p=7843

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch adjustment

Thanks Junior. Right now, the clutch feels like it engages somewhat off the floor. I may try the self-adjustment first to see if it is different before I try the quadrant method. Thanks for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.