Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay does any body know the cheapest way i can change my 86 5.0 from speed density to mass air flow without having to buy the $545.00 kit from jegs, i think i can find a comp and sensor from a 89-90 car and just tie the harnes into my missing pins to the ecm, but what do i do about the map sensor, i belive a mass air flow system has a BARO sensor in the place of the map,and can any other cars maybe a thunderbird parts work,having promblems finding stang parts around here,does any body know what iam talking about, please help,stever80:eyebulge:

·
Registered
10 Posts
sometimes there are some on ebay for around $400 and that's with a nice chrome pipe that's coming off the intake. and the one I saw came with all the hardware. wire harness, comp, ect:laughlitt

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
You simply remove the vacuum line from the MAP, (and plug the source at the intake) and it becomes the BAP. Possibly, a T-bird, a Crown Vic, or possibly a truck, some Lincolns had Mass Air too, I think. I'd look at anything from '89 to '95. I'd stick to the EECIV vehicles. You just want to be sure that the donor harness has the same "pin in" scheme as the Mustang would have. If the plug is the same as a Stang, it's probably good to go. I'd still try to compare vehicle wiring diagrams.
If you get the right junkyard employee, or parting outer,(someone who doesn't know what all that stuff is:confused: ) you might walk away with the "kit" for dirt frigging cheap, like $25 or something.:thumbsup Wouldn't that be a score!!!
Mac has a kit that's pretty low buck.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
or if your real lucky, youll find a broken down 89 mustang on a back road in the middle of nowheresville, PA....

no bull, i stopped, got out and really thought about it long and hard.
but like the sissy i am, i drove away empty handed.

couldnt bring myself to harm another pony

·
Registered
455 Posts
I just got a conversion with a new sensor for $160 shipped on Ebay. This is in US funds and shipped to Canada.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hay anybody know if any other cars or trucks had the 5.0 HO motor in them from the factory,that way i could open up my searching options a little,wondering if the mass air flow and ecm has the same confer,
MEANGREEN said MAC has cheap kits, aint never heard of it ,please tell me how i can get hooked up with them....tanks stever80

putting together a 89 LX 5.0 5-cog rubber burner

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
stever80 said:
hay anybody know if any other cars or trucks had the 5.0 HO motor in them from the factory,that way i could open up my searching options a little,wondering if the mass air flow and ecm has the same confer,
MEANGREEN said MAC has cheap kits, aint never heard of it ,please tell me how i can get hooked up with them....tanks stever80

putting together a 89 LX 5.0 5-cog rubber burner
AMP Performance has 'em for $369.

www.ampperformance.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
to covert from map to ass air all you need is the mass air meater and unplug the map sensor and plug the line at the source and run 3 wires from the comp to the mass air meater and a mass air comp...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.