Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the diablosport and the sct x3 tuners, is there really a difference between the two, and does tillman or whoever i get the tunes from prefer one or the other?

·
Registered
751 Posts
When it comes to the tuners I think it is mostly personal preference but the thing is, most custom tuners prefer SCT.

·
Registered
633 Posts
get the sct or else you will be stuck with bama. not that thats a bad thing they are good.but i would love to be able to try other tunners but i can not because i have a diablo tunner.your welcome and i wish like hell somebody would have told me that.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I have been looking at the diablosport and the sct x3 tuners, is there really a difference between the two, and does tillman or whoever i get the tunes from prefer one or the other?
There really isn't much difference in the tuner (the hard ware) what makes the difference is in the tune its self. Bamachips is the only major custom tuner that I know of who makes tunes for Diablo, and Bamachips, Brenspeed, and Tillman all make tunes for SCT. SCT seems to be more popular, but I wouldn't necessarily say one is better than the other. If you happen to have a performance shop in your area, I would ask them which they use/prefer and go with that one.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I had a diablosport tuner and sold it. I like the SCT much more. It depends though on what your tuner likes to use. I am personally very unhappy with the new guy at Bama chips.So if you have to deal with someone there,deal with Doug or Caleb. This new guy Matt is a real *****. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
633 Posts
i wish i had gotten the sct i mean i like my diablo. but i would love to try somebody ele tune.just to see if there is any diff than my 93 race tune which is ok but seems kinda tame/save and i have way to much blake smoot in my tail pypes.would like to get bama to adjust it for me but i cant get any custmer service there at all and just hate haveing to go thru all the trouble it is to load a new tune and all.and deal with bamachips.but that the only choose i have because of my diablo tunner.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.