Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm experimenting with my car a little bit. I always manually change the idle and neutral rpm when I'm using a Bama tune but how would I keep everything else stock while just changing the idle?

Thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes...Just did it.When you go to upload a tune there will be an options menu you can go to or skip just before you load the tune. Theres a few adjustments you can make including neutral idle and drive idle. After you choose what rpm you want you continue to upload the tune. Easy :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just curious; Why do you want to change the idle RPM? Having troubles? Or maybe a better idle exhaust note?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man! I had an aftermarket exhaust put on and ever since I've had this annoying vibration/rough idle issue with the stock idle. Whenever I set the rpm to 825-900, the issue goes away. It was a quick fix until I could get my dampener kit in. Not too worried about it right now though since my car just got rear ended and the vibration has increased so I'm hoping it will all be fixed through my insurance.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Ahhhh I gotcha. Well dang, I'm sorry to hear about the damage, but it could be a blessing. If they'll believe the rear-ending caused it, you could probably get it fixed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts