Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dealership is selling a 07 Gt with 11,000 miles. Blk coupe w BF Drag Radials and a Saleen S/C. He said ford installed the S/C so it still comes with the factory warranty (so does this mean if i blow my motor ford will give me a new motor and w S/c??) Full exhaust w hurst shifter. They are asking 40,000. THis seems a little pricy considering the milage and year. If yall think its too much, how much would you offer on this car. Looks very nice. I did see one door ding! Oh and should i be concerned if the headers look rusty brown?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
mileage is high for an 07...wonder what month it was built? Id offer them 37/38k. Im sure it has a very safe tune for warranty reasons.
my KOOKS are stainless and have a tarnished look to them which is normal. but if they look rusty, must not be a quality set of headers?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mileage is high for an 07...wonder what month it was built? Id offer them 37/38k. Im sure it has a very safe tune for warranty reasons.
my KOOKS are stainless and have a tarnished look to them which is normal. but if they look rusty, must not be a quality set of headers?
HOW MUCH HP AND RWHP DO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE PUSHING OUT??????????

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
My dad got 2007 Mustang GT California Special for under 30,000 brand new so 40,000 for upgrades seems high
if it were me i would buy a GT and use the money to but upgrades myself
You would probably come out ahead

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
HOW MUCH HP AND RWHP DO YOU THINK THIS MIGHT BE PUSHING OUT??????????
its hard to say...my Saleen with the stock pulley made 371 to the wheels. so Im guessin 400ish HP and 375ish whp was it a manual or auto? Mine is a auto so Im basing that off mine. but Im around 440whp now :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Its probably the stock manifolds, and not headers. And yes, they will look rusty.
I don't think I could buy a heavily modded Mustang with that many miles. I'm sure they were very hard miles.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Its probably the stock manifolds, and not headers. And yes, they will look rusty.
I don't think I could buy a heavily modded Mustang with that many miles. I'm sure they were very hard miles.
+1... I would never buy my car if I found it on a lot :hihi:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I mentioned that this car will have the warranty which i cant remember exactly what it is? But since ford will warranty it does that mean if by some miracle i blow the motor they will replace with new motor and new saleen s/c....it that how it usually works??????????

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
You can blow your motor and your supercharger could be fine. The price seems high...If you desire the car I would low-ball them and point out the concerns, ie...the ding in the door, etc...

·
Registered
522 Posts
I mentioned that this car will have the warranty which i cant remember exactly what it is? But since ford will warranty it does that mean if by some miracle i blow the motor they will replace with new motor and new saleen s/c....it that how it usually works??????????
If it is still under warranty then ford would replace the motor but as far as the Saleen S/C....Saleen would replace it if it itself is still under the Saleen warranty. It is hard to tell what rwhp it is putting down without knowing more about the car such as tranny type, blower pulley size, air intake, fuel injectors could be a clue also. I would ask more questions about the car. Also find out how much the car is worth on NADAguide.com. then add half the price of the aftermarket parts and base your offer off of that. Honestly if the car is fully loaded I would offer them no more than $35 because you will probably have a hard time getting a bank to finance much more than 120% of the cars value. and quite frankly I dont know how much it is worth. Do some research.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Way to high check out Ebay and compare prices . I saw one that had the same set up pretty much excluding tires. That one sold for 27,000. The offer I would make them would be to give you a 6 year 100,000 mile warranty and offer 30,000 tops I would start at 27,000.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Way to high check out Ebay and compare prices ..... 27,000.
edit, just re read, amazing how missing a punctuation mark I did not understand that 1st sentence, lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
That is a lot of '?' marks at the end of that title...

And Stoenr: he is also missing an "o" from the end of one word (hint: to, two, or _______) ;)

Sorry, pet peeve of mine, plus the whole good/well, their/there/they're, than/then. The list goes on... :)

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
and a comma after high. I just read it all to fast for the sleeping brain to comprehend.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
and a comma after high. I just read it all to fast for the sleeping brain to comprehend.
High is right . Lets go forward not straight.:laugh:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Actually it would be a semicolon ;)..and "too fast," but I'll let it slide:wavey

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Now thats what I call a :goodpoint:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Actually it would be a semicolon ;)..and "too fast," but I'll let it slide:wavey
Your probly rite, but if you start this hear your never goint to have time for anything else its guaranteed.

Mr flimas1: Speaking of warrantees, the SalesLiar will say warranty this and warranty that, and has no idea what he or the stealership mean by it. Standard practice is to move the car off the lot and work out the details later. Usually to the victim's - mean customer's - disadvantage.

Someone got 11,000 miles of joy out of that car. If you are very lucky you might do the same. With those mods, I'd bet against it.

Much of the fun of Mustanging, seems to me and many others (right StL?), is making a unique ride from the basic building blocks. You'd eventually end up second-guessing the original owner's choices.

New GT, ~ $30K? Blower, ~ $6K? Joy of choosing everything, ~priceless, so you're way ahead of the game in any case, my view.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is hard to tell what rwhp it is putting down without knowing more about the car such as tranny type, blower pulley size, air intake, fuel injectors could be a clue also. .
Heres what i foud out about the car:

Stock 5spd tranny
Western Motorsports True ram air
36lb injectors
10lbs of boost
jba long tubes
4:10's
Hurst
Shaker 1000
saleen s/c

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status