Ford Mustang Forum banner

Should this site prohibit Political Posts?

• Prohibit

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Allow

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's really starting to get old logging on, hoping to read some interesting posts, only to discover the SAME few people posting political nonsense. I mean, these guys rarely ever post anything in the general area regarding Mustangs.

Who else gets tired of these Trolls?

·
Registered
10,298 Posts
I'm definitely tired of folks who pop in here and there just to shoot off their keyboards and take off. As far as where they post their political nonsense, it is kept in a specific area totally separate from the general area, which I believe is now further separated by a password.

That said, just about every forum has a separate area for politics, religion, etc., aside from the specified site, it's just the nature of the beast. The beauty of the whole thing, is that is all based on choice. If you don't like what you see, simply keep looking until you find what you like.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely tired of folks who pop in here and there just to shoot off their keyboards and take off. As far as where they post their political nonsense, it is kept in a specific area totally separate from the general area, which I believe is now further separated by a password.

That said, just about every forum has a separate area for politics, religion, etc., aside from the specified site, it's just the nature of the beast. The beauty of the whole thing, is that is all based on choice. If you don't like what you see, simply keep looking until you find what you like.

I wasn't aware that one there's now a password required for those type of threads- that's good news and in my opinion, long overdue.

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
It's pretty simple, if you don't like the political posts then ignore them.

Do you click on all the posts in the Mustang II section, or in the Classic Mustang section?

How do you know that the people in the Hot Hot Zone don't go into other parts of the forum??? Do you have the capability to track where they go?

Seems like you are making a bunch of assumptions. You know what happens when you assume right?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Do you click on all the posts in the Mustang II section, or in the Classic Mustang section?

How do you know that the people in the Hot Hot Zone don't go into other parts of the forum??? Do you have the capability to track where they go?

Seems like you are making a bunch of assumptions. You know what happens when you assume right?

Looks like I ruffled the feathers of the "Head Troll" LOL

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

It's easy, you click on a users profile and look at their past threads. If a majority of their threads have to do with political topics... Well there you have it. This is a mustang forum, not politico.com.

I apologize for calling you the "head troll". I was just informed that there's a couple members here that are worse. So you've been officially demoted to "Troll, 3rd class"

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
It's easy, you click on a users profile and look at their past threads. If a majority of their threads have to do with political topics... Well there you have it. This is a mustang forum, not politico.com.

I apologize for calling you the "head troll". I was just informed that there's a couple members here that are worse. So you've been officially demoted to "Troll, 3rd class"
Personal attack noted, is that the best you can do?

Just because I start threads in the political section doesn't mean I don't use the rest of the forum as a resource. I couldn't tell you for the rest, but I'm pretty certain they all, just like you, came here because of interest in Mustangs.

Again you assume. Again you don't look very intelligent, just like when you posted in the political section.

That has me wondering, are you posting this poll as sour grapes because you got your clock cleaned debating in the political section?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A personal attack? Not all Trolls are bad ya' know? What do you have against Trolls?
No one reads your political posts, just give it up.
I don't look intelligent? Who's doing the personal attacks?

I don't recall "getting my clock cleaned" in any political debate. Everyone (including yourself) knew that I had a good point but yet you responded with loaded questions and exaggerated scenarios including "banning internet". Maybe if you could put more time actually reading Mustang-oriented threads on here your car could look a little better? Shoot, maybe it could even be a little faster? Grow up, do us all a favor and stick to mustang topics. Again, this is a Mustang forum.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Personal attack noted, is that the best you can do?

Just because I start threads in the political section doesn't mean I don't use the rest of the forum as a resource. I couldn't tell you for the rest, but I'm pretty certain they all, just like you, came here because of interest in Mustangs.

Again you assume. Again you don't look very intelligent, just like when you posted in the political section.

That has me wondering, are you posting this poll as sour grapes because you got your clock cleaned debating in the political section?

Here's a few sites for Trolls (respectively) like yourself to guide you in the right direction:

Politicalforum.com

Usmessageboard.com

Debatepolitics.com

No need to thank me...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why post threads that barely anyone reads or replies? Does it ever get lonely for you? Just curious...

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
A personal attack? Not all Trolls are bad ya' know? What do you have against Trolls?
No one reads your political posts, just give it up.
I don't look intelligent? Who's doing the personal attacks?

I don't recall "getting my clock cleaned" in any political debate. Everyone (including yourself) knew that I had a good point but yet you responded with loaded questions and exaggerated scenarios including "banning internet". Maybe if you could put more time actually reading Mustang-oriented threads on here your car could look a little better? Shoot, maybe it could even be a little faster? Grow up, do us all a favor and stick to mustang topics. Again, this is a Mustang forum.
All I'm doing is letting you know you don't look very intelligent here. I don't want you making a fool of yourself.

Sorry you have me confused with someone else, I never said anything about banning internet. Again, not doing so well for you and the intelligent part.

So from there you then insult my Mustang. Yep, you are a first class poster and member of the forum here. I'll let others fill in the first class what part.

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
Why post threads that barely anyone reads or replies? Does it ever get lonely for you? Just curious...
If you want to be civil and have a private discussion, feel free to PM me.

If you want to get personal, and go public with this, go right ahead. It's your choice. Doesn't end well the way you are heading.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I gotta get going.

It's that time of day for me to log-on to a Political Forum and posts threads about Mustangs.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you want to be civil and have a private discussion, feel free to PM me.

If you want to get personal, and go public with this, go right ahead. It's your choice. Doesn't end well the way you are heading.
No need to have a private discussion. Honestly, I'm disappointed in myself for wasting this much time on this thread.

When you say it doesn't end well I assume that you most likely mean me getting banned. Frankly, I don't care. Members have read this and I got my point across.

Yes, ridiculing your car was not necessary and for that I apologize. And I mean that.

·
Banned
8,740 Posts
No need to have a private discussion. Honestly, I'm disappointed in myself for wasting this much time on this thread.

When you say it doesn't end well I assume that you most likely mean me getting banned. Frankly, I don't care. Members have read this and I got my point across.

Yes, ridiculing your car was not necessary and for that I apologize. And I mean that.
I understand your position, you think this should be a Mustang Forum for Mustangs only.

I like the one stop shop idea.

I think we should have sections for discussing TV and movies, music, sports, and just about everything else going on in our lives. The main purpose is Mustang's but all of us have other interests and it would generate traffic, which is the most important thing for the forum. If we could all share what interests us and makes us who we are this would be a better place IMO.

I constantly get asked if I have a life. I've been in 48 of the 50 states. I've been to and into the Grand Canyon so many times it isn't funny. I have a very successful career. I have a girlfriend of 5 years. I have a business of my own. I travel extensively. I like to run my Mustang and my Corvette down the drag strip. I also enter my Corvette in car shows at least once a year. I even scored 975 out of 1000 points once. I hunt. I fish. I love to shoot guns. I go gator hunting once or twice a year. I enjoy landscaping and every year for the last 7 years my lawn has been voted nicest lawn in my HOA. I play Chess and Ping Pong. I'm also active politically and like to come on here and vent. Before I started posting in the Hot Zone, it was almost dead.

I take it personally when you, because you don't like the content of what I post, decide that I shouldn't be posting, or other members shouldn't be sharing what they enjoy. Censorship is always bad. Diversity and freedom are always good.

In the end, we both like Mustangs and that's what brought us here. As much as I disagree with some of the posters in the Hot Zone, we all share a common bond of a love of cars and especially Mustangs. Even as far as that is concerned we are all different on here. Some like old Stangs, some like new. Some like them all, Some like only certain types and models.

Viva la Difference. Cheers to you. I disagree with you, but cheers to you and your car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.