Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my 2003 Mustang GT, the dealer did not say anything about the exhaust system. However I did a little more inspecting afterwards and found out that it had IMCO exhaust stickers on the pipes. What is IMCO and is it any good? I am thinking about switching for a SLP Loudmouth Catback will I notice a difference in sound?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was curious myself to see what the IMCO deal was. I checked out their site and there sound sample. I put the SLP LMII kit on my car and it sounds awesome, i had magnaflow mufflers on it before, and i was able to tell the difference. I would definitely recommend the SLP kit. My brother bought the magnaflow catback for his 2000 gt, and my friend bought the flowmaster american thunder catback for his 1999 gt. But neither can come close to the sound of the straight through SLP mufflers. You would definitely hear a difference, and if your hard of hearing you'll notice the heads turnin.

·
Super Moderator
40,151 Posts
IMCO products are not the best quality,replace them when you can,they do not last long...

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I'd say its a matter of personal preference. A lot of folks swear by Flowmaster on any Mustang, I don't like them and know they don't flow all that great. I had an off road X and Magnaflow catback on my old 97 GT and I really liked it. It was raspy, but it was powerfull and rumbley at the same time. you should spend some time on streetfire and youtube to find out hwat your looking for. I really like the Mac sound with an H myself. Do you have the stock midpipe? the midpipe is where a lot of the sound come from. H is deeper, little less flow, X is higher pitched and flows a little better. BTW Magnaflow makes 2 kits the regular magnaflow and the Magnapacks. The Maganpacks are very similar to the SLP loudmouths.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.