Performance White with Brick Red w/Cashmere
Electronics Package
Rearview camera
Comfort Package
Security Package
HID head lamps
Brembo Package
3.73 Axle

I called Ford CS Monday, June 14th and was told order "Clean" and "in processing"
I called today Wednesday, June 16th and was given VIN# and told it was "in production"

Sounds too good to be true... Your thoughts?

EddieZ,
Austin, TX

·
Registered
316 Posts
itll be awhile before you get it.

good luck waiting. ive been waiting 3 months and mine didnt go back in for QC

·
Registered
94 Posts
sounds crazy to me too but if your for real and you have gotten your VIN then I will be canceling my order this week with my a$$ of a dealer because i ordered in april and havent even gotten a VIN yet and yours not only has the same options but more than mine did...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Persoanlly, I think you're good to go! Sounds like Ford has all the first production run bugs ironed out and is keeping the assembly line moving!
I feel sorry for the "early order" guys. All this is why I'm waiting until "Job 2" in mid August before I order.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Seems like these newer orders are going through faster since perhaps the initial problem has been sorted out on the production line. Its retrofitting the first batch that seems to be screwing the early adopters. Just my uneducated guess.

·
Registered
350 Posts
my car took less than 1 month. i ordered it on may 19th. it was built on the 8th now i get it next thursday.

·
Registered
316 Posts
i dislike you 2011gt at this current moment. I would not rub it in if i were you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is an email I got from my salesman, don't know if it helped or not...

" Just wanted to update you on whats happening. We ordered (Order was input 6/8) your Mustang through our store, XXXXX Ford, to expedite the production...They have fewer orders in the system, so this should give us the fastest turn around time with Ford. Sold Orders with a signed buyers order receive the highest priority of production from Ford."

EddieZ
Austin, Tx

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mustang

Newer orders are getting through faster, I ordered one on Jan 20th, built middle of April, car went MIA...so last week I got deposit back and orderd another one....no vin yet, dugh its been like 2 working days....but the new orders do appear to get through faster...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
244 Posts
sounds crazy to me too but if your for real and you have gotten your VIN then I will be canceling my order this week with my a$$ of a dealer because i ordered in april and havent even gotten a VIN yet and yours not only has the same options but more than mine did...
Ok demand that your dealer shows you the DORA. This is the order receipt confirming that Ford did get the order. No DORA = No order = No Vin = no car.

Once you have the DORA, make a copy, and call customer service. This is what it looks like:

does this order look right? - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum

·
Registered
94 Posts
yea i asked about the DORA today on the phone and was blown off. I am going to call again tommorow and if I dont get a straight answer and get a copy of it then i am going to cancel

·
Registered
73 Posts
sounds about right

On a side note you didn't happen to be at the Car meet this past weekend at 1431/183A. I had the only 5.0 there and was parked next to a Ford GT and someone was telling me how they just ordered a new 5.0

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, not me but would like to attend in the future...

Update:
Ordered Tuesday, June 8th
Monday, June 14th and was told order "Clean" and "in processing"
Wednesday, June 16th and was given VIN# and told it was "in production"
Thursday, June 17th, window sticker available on line

EddieZ

·
Registered
244 Posts
yea i asked about the DORA today on the phone and was blown off. I am going to call again tommorow and if I dont get a straight answer and get a copy of it then i am going to cancel
Wow.. your dealer is not very cooperative... if you decide to cancel make sure you get your deposit back in full, call Ford to let them know what happened and post a review on Yelp or something similar so people know what you went thru.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Latest news:
Wednesday, June 23rd, Scheduled Build Day
Friday, June 18th, ETA July 12th!!!!!

EddieZ

·
Registered
101 Posts
4 weeks and not even a VIN#....it does sound good if it's true...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This is what I got...

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Latest news:
Wednesday, June 23rd, Scheduled Build Day
Friday, June 18th, ETA July 12th!!!!!

EddieZ
Wait a minute, my car is due in on July 12th. That truck better be coming to NY. :rollgrin:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.