Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night on my way home from my in laws a red Lightning was tailing me it wanted to play. I on the other hand didn't think i was ready to take anything supercharged but as he pulled on my right i said f-it and droped it into second at about 35 mph and gassed it turns out i beat him by atleast one car length atleast! We were doing about 110
when i finally hit the brakes he pulled up to me at the stop light asking me what i had in it i nudged my shoulders, then he said you dont know what you got in that thing i said i do i just dont want to tell you.
is this right or should he have smoked me?:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Well, you don't have a sig so what do you have? Also keep in mind yes the Lightning powerplant is sweet but its in a heavy non-aerodynamic pick up truck. My stock Bullitt couldn't catch a modded Lightning until I got up to past 120 mph. We went from a 50 roll and he put about 4-5 lengths on me before I started realing him in. I don't know what all it had but he told me it was souped up some. The first of the 2nd gens had 360 horse power and the later one had 385 horse power plus gobs of torque from the 5.4

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
It would help to tell us what mods you have so that we can make a better assumption. Nice kill though:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a Borla system a Ford racing clutch steeda shifter and gears. Have a 75 shot of NOS but i wasn't spraying, i didn't even have the bottle in there at the time.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Nice one, they are pretty quick for a heavy truck. I guess that would sound about right though.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Gears is what helped you out there a lot:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
257 Posts
I test drove an 01 lightning, didn't feel near as strong as my GT. Felt strong for a pickup, quite a bit stronger than my 2000 F-150 4X4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.