Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is the deal. My buddy bought the diesel nitrous kit for his new 6.0 powersrtroke. The Zex part # is 82028. Now He ran it 2 times and then on his way home from the dyno he total the truck out. I know its a shame. But he offered me the kit for a hell of a deal. Will it work on my 94 5.0? I know that the diesel kit is a dry kit, but I heard that all I needed to do was buy a fuel solenoid and the fuel line for the siolenoid and it would be the same as the wet kit. Is that true? Also, what about the "little purple box" that turns the nitrous on based on TPI voltage. Is that box the same for the diesel as it is for the 5.0? Because it looks different!

Like I stated I called ZEX but to be honest they were pretty shady in giving out information so I don't really trust what they told me... But they said it would cost more to get it working that it would to just buy a new kit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly, I don't think you should put that kit on your car. I think the main non-compatible part is the purple box. They make those to fit your car so you don't run too lean or rich. So if it came from a 6.0 powerstroke diesel I would only recommend putting it back on a powerstroke.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
But they said it would cost more to get it working that it would to just buy a new kit.
The bottle is worth $100 or so....that's about all you could use without modification.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1QWIK4.6 said:
Honestly, I don't think you should put that kit on your car. I think the main non-compatible part is the purple box. They make those to fit your car so you don't run too lean or rich. So if it came from a 6.0 powerstroke diesel I would only recommend putting it back on a powerstroke.
I thought all the box did was measure TPS voltage? Wouldn't they all be the same? I mean I know that the solenoids are in the purple box on the zex kit but....idk

I appreciate the feedback fella's keep it coming!!!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
i think those boxes do more than measure throttle position. and besides, diesels dont have throttle plates, so they have a different method of induction. besides that kit was calibrated to work with a turbo diesel, and stock for stock the diesel can handle waay more power than the 5.0 can. besides when i read the last line on your signature i realized why i dont have nitrous. if i had a car as cherry as yours i wouldnt put nitrous on it either.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Why nitrous on a diesel ? Propane has been the drug of choice for those torque monsters

·
Registered
62 Posts
Bear in mind that Diesel engines make no effort to maintain a stoichiometric air/fuel ratio, so the nitrous kit was probably designed with that in mind.

On a gasoline engine, maintaining that ratio is very important, and becomes even more critical and tough to manage when you add boost or nitrous to the picture.

I would seriously think twice before installing that kit on your 5.0.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah I agree with you guys.... but I wish ZEX would have not been d*cks and just tell me straight up...hmmmm still would like to know though... but about the propane.. you may be right I honestly don't know sh*t about diesels but, the buddy with this truck that had the kit on it OWNS a diesel shop, so I can't really argue with him. But, I do know that his truck on the dyno...put down OVER 950 ft lbs at the wheels and idk remember horsepower. I know he was the first person ever in the world to have injectors made for a 6.0L that anyone knows of anyways. So thats pretty right sh*t I thought anyways. lol

But I appreciate the thoughts soo far fella's, I wouldn't trust anyone else but a fello mustang guru!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh by the way I want nitrous on the car mainly for show, and just 2 or 3 passes down the track, just to say I did it. Your right my car is pretty cherry as you said, and I want to keep her that way for a loooooooong time to come...someday it may actually be worth something ya know lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Umm wouldnt that be propane ? not NOS?

I think desils use PROPANE not NOS right ? cause of the eg temps and glow plugs ?? i could be wrong:headscratch::headscratch:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.