Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't panic, yes, something COULD be wrong with your restraint system, however, I have found that in most cases, it is a quick, and simple fix. Upon unhooking my seat belt sensor, in an attempt to silence that annoying chime every 20 seconds because I refuse to use my seat belt, I noticed that the airbag icon undet the Tac began to "flicker", with no detectable pattern, before finally remaining on when you start your engine. Several of my friends reported having the same problem with their mustangs, so upon checking their seat belt sensor connection, I found theirs was either unhooked, or merely loose. Fixing this will fix your problem, assuming that is all that's wrong! So don't haul ass to the nearest mechanic, you may have just worked your seat belt sensor loose! I hope this helps guys, I've seen a lot of ppl freak out over this lol. Once you've reconnected the harness, start your car and wait for the computer to register that its been reconnected, the light should then turn off assuming this is the only problem. You may need to restart your car a few times. If it doesn't fix the problem, you may have a more serious issue and require professional help.

By the way, the seat belt sensor and harness is located on the inside of your seat between you and the console, just follow the wire leading from the female seat belt reciever, along the side of your seat heading toward the front of your car. You will find the connector attached to the harness of your seat. It is white. The 2 pieces connect very similar to a phone cable. It is easiest to reach this by putting your seat in the forward most position, lean it forward, and it is now easily accessable. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. I know I'll need someone's help with something too! Lol

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I have done the same fix on my Sebring convertible and a Caddy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.