Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98gt with a power drivers seat. Since the power wasn't working at all, i checked the fuse under the hood. Fuse was initially blown, so I replaced it. Problem is, that there is still no power to the wires that the seat connects to. There is power across the fuse under the hood, but no power at the connection at the seat. Is this a common problem or anything that someone may have experienced before? I know I can run a hot wire and splice it in, but I would like to get it working correctly if possible. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced the 30amp under the hood. I have a fuse box inside under the dash on the drivers side. I'm assuming this is the one you're referring to when you said kick panel. All the fuses in there appear ok.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i think there was a recall for the wire underneath seat getting pinched causing a short to ground or so. let me see if i can find it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Power Seat Problem

I have a 94 GT and I pinched the wire under the seat as well. Now I cannot get any power and cannot find where it shorted out? All fuses seem to be good? Any thoughts? I jumped the seat with another hot wire so I know it still works.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 98GT power seat is marginal at best. It works intermediately and the motor sounds like it is on it's last leg. I think it also might be the switch on the seat but it might be wiring. In general, my power seat sux.
Interested to see what the recal was for wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 97 GT Convertible and on mine the switch went (broken metal pole inside it), so I jumpered it to get seat into driving position until I get the big bucks to replace seat (as leather seat split as well (a 2" split)

·
Registered
182 Posts
It has its own fuse which is a 25amp in the PDI.It is located on the bottom or short row of fuses.
The wire it feeds at the seat connector is pin 7 BK/W, it hooks to a connector that comes from under the carpet it will be LB/W wire on the other side of this connector then changes to BK/W.

R

·
0 Posts
this is a pretty common problem on 1996 to 1998's Mustangs wth the driverside power seat and your prob gonna' need a new power seat track and motor asbly......I'll bet if you remove the seat, you'll either sea that the electric seat motor is comming apart or the drive cables are twisted and frayed, or both....
we've sold quite a few of these over the years......

·
Registered
3 Posts
this is a pretty common problem on 1996 to 1998's Mustangs wth the driverside power seat and your prob gonna' need a new power seat track and motor asbly......I'll bet if you remove the seat, you'll either sea that the electric seat motor is comming apart or the drive cables are twisted and frayed, or both....
we've sold quite a few of these over the years......
Hey Randy,

Do you know the part number for the seat motor and about what they run? Mine died a few months back on my 98 and now I can't move the seat back and forth.

Thanks in advance.

R

·
0 Posts
Hey Randy,

Do you know the part number for the seat motor and about what they run? Mine died a few months back on my 98 and now I can't move the seat back and forth.

Thanks in advance.

well, yes I do;) but just the motor is Not serviced, you have toget the whole seat track as an asbly and that part # is F8ZZ-6361705-AA, fits 1992 to 1998 ALL Mustangs...... Fords "suggested list price" is $409.48

·
Registered
4 Posts
inoperable seat track

Hi
My seat will not go forward. I purchased a used track and replaced it. It goes backward, up & down, but still not forward. How do I bypass the switch, or jump it, to see if the track works?
Thanks
Jack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.