Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i still havent replaced the pip sensor... but there is another problem i dont know if this has anything to do with the pip but the fuel pump relay switch and the ecm relay switch in the passenger side kick pannel gets really hot.. thats when it shuts off... wait two hours for it too cool down a bit and then it starts like nothing was wrong with it... anyone know what the heated relay switches could be from???

·
Registered
604 Posts
Im not good at wiring but I would think if its getting hot its shorting somwhere but since its DC voltage that would kill the circut for your fuel pump (If that is the source) and your pump wouldnt work at all. A few of these guys know this wiring stuff though hang in there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not good at wiring but I would think if its getting hot its shorting somwhere but since its DC voltage that would kill the circut for your fuel pump (If that is the source) and your pump wouldnt work at all. A few of these guys know this wiring stuff though hang in there.
yeah im trying ive been giving it my best shot these mustangs dont run on faith though that i have learned.... after i get this one running my next shot is this little saturn i have.. then i can build the beast into the mustang...its a convertible alot of people are saying not to but i think its alot better to have vert with alot of power

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
my car does the exact same thing and im drawing blanks. ive traced every wire and replaced pip, tfi fuel pump. etc etc. no luck. check pin #22 on your ecm. check to see if its got a ground on it with key on and while cranking. it should have a ground on both those settings. after the car dies, i dont have any ground on #22, until it cools down again. so i have no ideal. just check that out. let me know.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my car does the exact same thing and im drawing blanks. ive traced every wire and replaced pip, tfi fuel pump. etc etc. no luck. check pin #22 on your ecm. check to see if its got a ground on it with key on and while cranking. it should have a ground on both those settings. after the car dies, i dont have any ground on #22, until it cools down again. so i have no ideal. just check that out. let me know.
here is what i have done... i replaced the tfi module,coil,cap,button,wires,plugs, a new ecm last year, fuel pump last year at the same time,fuel pump relay,ecm relay... and now im stuck.. i ran it for codes and got codes 26o,85o,10,14 i understand that 10 is a seperation code and 14 is the pip sensor... but 85 and 26 has something to do with the egr and.. the car has never had a smog pump 02 sensors or egr valve for the most part that i know of im going to post pictures here in a little bit of the problems

·
Registered
121 Posts
i just deleted all my egr **** as well, im confused now.. ive replaced the same things as you. still wont stay running.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts