Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
new Mustangs

The Mustang name needs to go on and as stated each generation will be custom to the new look in their current life. For me growing up in the 60' & 70's the vintage cars have the visual impact that drives my passion. The Fox bodies are simple and a cult classic and a Mustang of the times, As where the mustang II. But I just can't help cutting up and redesigning them as I see proper to my taste. here is my 89 GT that I chopped and widened back in 1990, and the REVERSION a 2011 GT that we torn down and reconstructed as a throw back Retro style. Oh their is one of my SWB Thunderbirds as well, I can't wait to get my hands on a 2015 to see what we can pull out of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
The only things certain about Mustangs over the years have been the pony car shape, the 2+2 capacity, sportiness (milage has varied here), affordability on the low end, and the ability to personalize from the factory and after market. I think it will always retain these attributes. At the 50th, I hope they get as close to the Wow! they got in '64 as possible. It's hard to make a splash in a genre that's seen it all and barely survived some really horrid designs...I hope they pull it off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kids today generally aren't interested in cars no matter what they are.
I see plenty of late teen early twenty somethings driving souped up cars where I live...I think it may be more of the sad economic reality of some parts of America these days...not a whole lot of free cash for pricey cars in the pockets of college grads in places these days. A lot of new Mustangs and Camaros around with 20-30 year olds driving...bunch of souped up Lexus, Mazda, Acura types around too. I sat behind two young guys in a sweet sounding 68 Camaro the other morning going to work...also sat behind some fellas in a hopped up late 60's Ford pickup yesterday coming home from work. I think it all depends on where you live and the job opportunities available these days...

21 - 23 of 23 Posts