Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the final payment on my car a week or so ago and just got the title in the mail. When I bought it (21 months ago), I put enough down to get payments a little over $400/month. I started making double payments right away and got the payoff down low enough so that I could pay it off. So now I am back to no monthly payments (my house is paid off).

The next project is to build a shop behind the house to keep the bikes in and be able to put the car in the garage like it should be. That will preserve it much better. Wish me luck.

Frank

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Always nice to pay off the car. I have a year and a half to go. :so
Good luck on the next project!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have a little time left on mine doubling up isn't a bad idea if you can afford it by august I may do the same. Our babies need a nice warm garage.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I bet that's a nice feeling. I still have a year and a half on my loan for my '00. Haha.

S

·
0 Posts
To be said in your best Napoleon Dynamite voice... "Lucky!".

:gringreen

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I've been paid off since January 1st of this year. Feels good huh? :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeah, im all payed off too, for a while now :) found my car , 2002 GT w/ 52k miles black leather interior Mach 460 stereo system and sunroom 5speed, for 9500. and sold my old mustang v6 vert for 5k, so i had 4500 to pay off, which took me like 4-5 months so it was nice!!!

u wanna sell any of those bikes?? i need a learner bike if you have any "junky" type bikes. PM if you have any or know of any :)

-Joe

·
Registered
365 Posts
Buying this car was the first time I ever paid cash in full for a car. It was so wonderful knowing I would not have a car payment at all!
Congrats on paying off your Stang!!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
u wanna sell any of those bikes?? i need a learner bike if you have any "junky" type bikes. PM if you have any or know of any :)

-Joe
I am down to two BMW's. The old one I've had for 24 years and it isn't worth anything to anyone but me (321,000 miles). I'm not ready to give up the newer ('05) yet.

Frank

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Paying off a vehicle (or anything for that matter) is a great feeling. I take comfort in that while my Mustang brings me great pleasure, it doesn't cost me much annually.

Unlike my boat...

·
Registered
32 Posts
good job and good for you

·
Registered
568 Posts
Congratulations! I know how much I hate having payments on anything. I've had people tell me that I could come out ahead if I just invested the money I used to over-pay, but I'm kind of allergic to debt.

I put a big chunk of cash from a bonus down on mine, and paid the rest off within the year. It's a great feeling to say, "I own that!" We're still paying off my wife's Subaru and we have the mortgage payment for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Congratulations! Be proud!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Congratulations! I know how much I hate having payments on anything. I've had people tell me that I could come out ahead if I just invested the money I used to over-pay, but I'm kind of allergic to debt.

Be glad you didn't invest over the last couple of years, I got killed.
Paying off your debt was a great choice :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm kind of allergic to debt.
You and I, both. I almost always pay off the credit cards each month. Paid the house off 10 years early, the car about 18 months early. Just think what general economic shape the whole country would be in if most people did what we did.

Thanks for the congratulations, everybody!

Frank

·
Registered
12,666 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Congrats on the payoff!! Good luck on the project garage behind the house, be sure to let us know how that turns out. =) Give that pony shelter!:hihi:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.