Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all,
I was about to leave the parking lot of the local one-stop last night and figured it was getting a little chilly with the top down. I went to put it up and POP! I look back and the think is all screwed up! The solid front piece is pointing down, the back is half up and the plastic piece around the rear of the rear seatbelt on the passenger side is snapped in two. Can you believe it? No warning signs. It's been working fine, went down fine at lunch. WTF? So now it's at the local Ford dealer (who I wouldn't waist my spit on if it was on fire...very bad local reputation but it's the only one around), who I only go to for warranty work, and knowing them it will be for WEEKS!!!!!!
They need to come up with an emergency room for your cars. You could take them in any time day or night and have them worked on and repaired while you wait. Or at least be told how much and how long it will take.
Warranty better cover this. If I know the dealership, they'll try to get out of it. Hell, they told this one lady she had to PAY up front first before they did the work and then if it was covered by warranty they would refund it. What is that about?

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
That just plain sux. Ive heard a few new stangs tops breaking

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Progress...

The dealer called and said the parts would be in Friday. It figures, the weather is unseasonably warm and I bet when I get the car back next week it will be COLD until April. God, I hate Kansas!

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Theres no place like home......

·
Registered
112 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
It figures, the weather is unseasonably warm and I bet when I get the car back next week it will be COLD until April. God, I hate Kansas!
I'm still wearing shorts... :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VeeKoo said:
I'm still wearing shorts... :)
Ha, ha, ha, ha...thanks for sharing! :cool:

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yea, weather has been unuasal here as well. Since Wilma blew by it been on the cool side. Upper 80's. Can't wait till Xmas :santa when I can go to the beach and go swimming:walksmile :strut

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Parts should be in today. Let's see if this POS dealer will even work on the car today. According to the weather forecast, Mon and Tues should be in the mid 70's. Maybe they can get it back to me tomorrow. Oh well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts