Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far im gonna get the msd cap and rotor, spark plugs (any recommendations) msd blaster coil, and i dont know what wires yet, whats the difference between different sized wires? just wondering because the msd 9.5mm wires cost like $90 and the Taylor Street Thunder 8mm wires are $30...also Ford Racing 9mm wires are $41

let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks reggie, and nice avatar :hihi:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Reggie, I thought I raised you better then that. As far as plugs go, they're a little more money but go with Denso Iridiums. I run them in every car I own, and never had a problem and going on the fourth season, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright so we've got two differing opinions here :p what are the differences in the two brands?

R

·
0 Posts
Reggie, I thought I raised you better then that. As far as plugs go, they're a little more money but go with Denso Iridiums. I run them in every car I own, and never had a problem and going on the fourth season, Mike. SCT Tuner.:bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

you know sometimes kids will rebel against the parents.....:gringreen

I have always had great success with autolite plugs.....

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The difference in wires isn't necessarily the size, it's the ohms.

Stock plug wires: 1500 ohms per foot
Ford Racing wires: 500 ohms per foot
Accel 8.8 wires: 250 ohms per foot
Accel 8.8 Race wires: 150 ohms per foot
MSD Super Conductor wires: 50 ohms per foot
Moroso Ultra 40 wires: 40 ohms per foot

You have to find the compromise between what you can afford and the least ohms per foot.

I'd say go with any copper plug, it's a better conductor of electricity than platinum or iridium, but iridium is stronger than copper and fights off detonation. The iridium also gets hotter, staying cleaner but the tiny tip can get fouled easier than a standard electrode.

There's always a trade off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright thanks Eagle that was a helpful answer

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The iridiums are more, I'm not sure if there's enough of a difference to justify the cost. At the moment, I would stick with the copper.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah im just gonna go with the autolites, thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.