Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Jason, and I'm from Florida, new to the site, so hello all!!

My first post is a question on how you can tell if your stang is compatible with the IUP upgraded gage cluster, message center, mycolor, etc?? I have searched through posts and found all sorts of info on the topic, but nothing on how you can determine if your car will work. I have read that most basic ones are not, but the premium is not to basic, but I do not have traction control (I read a post thats says a good way to tell if you can can work is if you have traction control then your car will probably be equipped) I have a 2005 V6 convert premium, thanks for any help!!

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
welcome aboard! sorry I cant answer you question :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no problem, and thank you!

·
Registered
599 Posts
From what I have read I think it can be added to any 05/06:thumbsup!Welcome to afm.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I remember seeing an article that says if you don't have TCS/ABS then you're probably SOL and the necessary harness isn't wired into your set up, don't remember where I saw that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess the question would be is how to tell. I think I have ABS, but not TCS OR can you have one without the other?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Easiest way to know, is to pop out the 3 switches on the left side of the 12 volt plugin. If you have some wires attached to the dummy switches your in luck. If you do not have any wires attached then you can not do the upgrade. Hope this helps

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Makes sense, I will check it out. Thanks!

I guess with a flat head you just pop off the blank switches?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts