Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am storing my foxbody mustang for the winter in a garage. My front tires go flat normally. So I want to use jack stands this year. Where is the best place to put them?

I read on many posts about the frame rails, as obvious as the term may be, are these the frame rails? (see photo attached: highlighted in green)

All advice is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
no that isnt they are a unibody about a foot in torge the center of the car kinda boxed shaped they run out until about the back of the seat bolts that go through the foor board mater of a fact the seat bolts goes through the rails the rails is about 2 foot long then infront of the rear diff their is the back rails they are about 16 18 inches long what u had hilighted is the body it will crinkle that metal up in ur pic that plate that has the slots in it it connects to the rails i believe

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I wouldn't recommend supporting the car by what you have highlighted. Support the car by the K-member in front and the rear subframe in back.
K-member: What the front A-arms bolt to
Rear subframe: Support it right next to where the rear control arms attach to the unibody.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts