Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the JBA axle back exhaust in my garage yesterday. They were pretty straight forward going on. I did have to remove the driver side aft muffler hanger to get the right angle. No big deal. The driver side is not quite centered so, I plan on tweaking this weekend. The sound: very classy. Just enough rumble at low RPM and maintains the rumble throughout the range. Not too loud not too soft; just right. If your expecting an extreme difference from OEM, these aren't for you. The rolled tip looks very nice. It snowed like a mutha yesterday so, I'll clean it up before I take pictures. Hmmm, what do I do with the OEM mufflers? Thinking about gutting them just for fun. The exhaust seems real modular and easy to modify.

Anyone got any suggestions for headers?

Anyone got any technical advice for h and x pipes?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: JBA exhaust

What is a decent price for a JBA axleback exhaust? So it sounds better than stock? You didn't post what kind of 'stang you have for reference. I would expect the sound on a v6 would be different than a GT no?

Thx!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they may have raised the price but they offer a special. Call them or use their checkout online and enter JBAHOLIDAY for a discount. It took mine about a month and a half to get in because they were catching up on production. Just give them a call.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's a sweet deal, especially since they are also the cheapest on the JBA's I've seen...and they're not charging shipping.

Thanks for the info. Now I just have to get the car to put them on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I also bought the JBA axle back mufflers from AJ-USA last month, they were on special for $295.00 shipping included. If you got them for $215.00 I'm PO'D. Anyway they were a easy install and I am happy with the sound.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yandall said:
I just installed the JBA axle back exhaust in my garage yesterday. They were pretty straight forward going on. I did have to remove the driver side aft muffler hanger to get the right angle. No big deal. The driver side is not quite centered so, I plan on tweaking this weekend. The sound: very classy. Just enough rumble at low RPM and maintains the rumble throughout the range. Not too loud not too soft; just right. If your expecting an extreme difference from OEM, these aren't for you. The rolled tip looks very nice. It snowed like a mutha yesterday so, I'll clean it up before I take pictures. Hmmm, what do I do with the OEM mufflers? Thinking about gutting them just for fun. The exhaust seems real modular and easy to modify.

Anyone got any suggestions for headers?

Anyone got any technical advice for h and x pipes?
I'm considering the JBA's. Can you make some sound bites/videos of yours and post them? Right now, I'm looking at those and the Magnaflows/Magnapacks. I also saw the SLP Power-Flos that I found for $341.96 on LMPerformance.com. I think the Loudmouths would be too much. With my budget, those are my most likely candidates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts