Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody tried the JBA shorty headers that are CARB legal on a GT? Im SC'd and want more legal power!:happyhapp

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was thinking the same thing! Would you go Stainless, Ceramic or Titanium? I know the shorty headers are bolt on and only really shine, when you get up into the higher rpm's, but I would like to hear from someone that has them.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the Titanium JBA shorty headers installed and a Saleen S/C. If your going to get a S/C, you'll want to get the Titanium headers. From what I was told it'll help with the heat (Lower). The add the heat from the S/C and that's already a lot of heat.
My set up is 05 Mustang GT, Saleen S/C, JBA shorty headers, JBA axle backs, Steeda CAI. Here's 2 video clip.
http://www.zippyvideos.com/4303106982415826/sc_sound_nov_26_2005_001/

http://www.zippyvideos.com/8346176632415876/sc_sound_nov_26_2005_003/

·
Registered
590 Posts
hogwild said:
Anybody tried the JBA shorty headers that are CARB legal on a GT? Im SC'd and want more legal power!:happyhapp
Yes. PAY to have them installed. It was a real pain in the A$$ to install them. Second avoid loosing the motor mounts. We did this and the S/C was hitting the firewall, first thought it was the trans causeof the grinding noise in 1st and 2nd gear. Finally, took it to the Ford dealer and they fixed it for $500. If your close to an SVT Ford dealer have them do it.
If you still plan to do it yourself to save money, cool. On the right header (as you sit in the car), that goes in from under the hood. So you have to remove the battery and what ever else is in the way. If you do the job, expect to spend over 5 hours. It took my mustang club about 10 hours. Big pain in the A$$ like I said. I won't even help someone to install them now.

Ed

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Best price??

So who found the best price???? I dont want to have to sell my first born child!!! LOL:eyebulge:

·
Registered
332 Posts
MSgt46270 said:
Yes. PAY to have them installed. It was a real pain in the A$$ to install them. Second avoid loosing the motor mounts. We did this and the S/C was hitting the firewall, first thought it was the trans causeof the grinding noise in 1st and 2nd gear. Finally, took it to the Ford dealer and they fixed it for $500. If your close to an SVT Ford dealer have them do it.
If you still plan to do it yourself to save money, cool. On the right header (as you sit in the car), that goes in from under the hood. So you have to remove the battery and what ever else is in the way. If you do the job, expect to spend over 5 hours. It took my mustang club about 10 hours. Big pain in the A$$ like I said. I won't even help someone to install them now.
Ed
What motor mounts did you use and what did you do with them?

·
Registered
590 Posts
redbullet said:
What motor mounts did you use and what did you do with them?
Stock motor mounts. Plenty of room for the headers and motor mounts. The way I see it, its a scam that you have to buy the new mounts. At least I don't have any problem as of now and I've had the headers in for about 2 months.

·
Registered
332 Posts
MSgt46270 said:
Stock motor mounts. Plenty of room for the headers and motor mounts. The way I see it, its a scam that you have to buy the new mounts. At least I don't have any problem as of now and I've had the headers in for about 2 months.
Cornfused, in the post previous to mine you said

MSgt46270 said:
Second avoid loosing the motor mounts. We did this and the S/C was hitting the firewall, first thought it was the trans causeof the grinding noise in 1st and 2nd gear.
So you are saying you left your stock mounts in and you still had an interference problem with the Saleen SC hitting the firewall?

I gotta say, past experience with poly motor mounts is a change you can feel leaving the line.

·
Registered
590 Posts
redbullet said:
Cornfused, in the post previous to mine you said

So you are saying you left your stock mounts in and you still had an interference problem with the Saleen SC hitting the firewall?

I gotta say, past experience with poly motor mounts is a change you can feel leaving the line.
Sorry to confuse you. When we tried installing the right header from under the car, it wouldn't go in. So the guy working on that side removed the starter and motor mount and still wouldn't go in. So he tried going from under the hood and then it went in after removing the battery and what ever else.
This is the bad part now. The motor mount bolts were not torque in and cause the motor not to be in the correct position. Ford dealer had to torque the bolts and position the motor correctly on the subframe (Cost $500). This is why the saleen was hitting the firewall. When I drove the car, I could hear what sounded like grinding noise. I thought it was the transmission, then the S/C and then S/C hitting the firewall. During the trouble shooting trying to find out what the grinding noise was, I was told by Jim Sr. at JDM to take a section of cardboard, fold it and force it between the S/C and firewall. If the noise went away 90 to 100%, then the S/C was hitting the firewall. Ever since I had the Saleen installed, it's been one thing after another. Here's the whole story, at least most of it.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mustang/saleen-install-by-dpr-pictures-37477.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts