Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had any problems with the JBA cats? I am hearing a rattle when i shift....I have checked the entire exhaust from the headers back....the is plenty of clearance, everything is good and tight. could the cats be bad? The darned things have only been on the car for 2 months.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
ya it does sound like the cats are bad....you should have a 50k mile warranty on them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went through 2 JBA cats in about 2 months when i first got the LT's and catted midpipe. Sounds like a pipe clanging around when you step on the gas or hit a bump. I had a local exhaust shop take them out and weld in race cats. The JBA cats use a ceramic substrate that is very brittle. The race cats use a spun metal substrate that is considerable more durable and less restrictive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i swapped out the catted h-pipe for an offroad h-pipe....apparently thats not the problem...the cats are good....if anybody would be interested in buying this JBA h-pipe (it's only 2 months old with 1000 miles wear) it will be in the classifieds....or you can just pm me....Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.