Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looing at JBA's Website and this setup
2005 Mustang GT Auto - Supercharged
with JBA Headers p/n 6675S, JBA H-pipe p/n 6675H, and JBA Axle-back Exhaust System p/n 50-2627
Click here for soundclip

Will it sound roughly the same without a supercharger? I eventually want to get one but that'll be awile at best. I also Really love this sound clip.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a supercharger and I didn't notice any difference in the sound of my exhaust... it sounds the same to me...

·
Registered
914 Posts
I certainly hope so, because I just ordered the cermiac coated shorty headers and the axle backs - should have them on in a couple of weeks! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
502 Posts
For both of those attachments...

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I downloaded that video clip last night, but I have dialup and right as you where pulling out easy it cut out...just wondering is there any parts of you romping in it? Nice video editing by the way...pretty cool stuff.

Jiabo, to get that sound you will probably need their offroad H-pipe too, I was looking at there long tubes but there waaay to expensive, almost a grand...hooker has some that look identical but fit better for around 600, I wanna buy some of those.

·
Registered
590 Posts
05 GT with Saleen S/C, JBA shorty headers, JBA axle backs. To me it seems the sound is different and needs to be louder. I also need a better tune on the car, currently I have the saleen tune. I do have a tune from JDM, but car is at the dealer.
I will be posting better video's later on.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/4303106982415826/sc_sound_nov_26_2005_001/

·
Registered
914 Posts
AdamZx3:

Well - I played gxsilver's video (and yes, fine editing and soundtrack - mine is black too :thumbup ) and it sounded nearly identical and he only installed the axle backs - he does get on it near the end of the 1st minute and I just about had a - well, shall we say a very personal "experience" listening to it! :winks

Damn glad I ordered them - the only difference with his and mine will be I'll also have the shorty headers on. The long headers and their H pipe aren't street legal and the sound was fabulous to me as it is.

Thanks for the video gxsilver!!! :worship
AdamZx3 said:
Yea I downloaded that video clip last night, but I have dialup and right as you where pulling out easy it cut out...just wondering is there any parts of you romping in it? Nice video editing by the way...pretty cool stuff.

Jiabo, to get that sound you will probably need their offroad H-pipe too, I was looking at there long tubes but there waaay to expensive, almost a grand...hooker has some that look identical but fit better for around 600, I wanna buy some of those.

·
Registered
7 Posts
AdamZx3 said:

ya i got on it abit.....near the end of it i did a 4200 pull 1,2,3 and then left off and let the rpm's slow me down

thanks for the comments though, on order soon is the long tube headers and h pipe

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
At JBL now

jiobao said:
AdamZx3:

Well - I played gxsilver's video (and yes, fine editing and soundtrack - mine is black too :thumbup ) and it sounded nearly identical and he only installed the axle backs - he does get on it near the end of the 1st minute and I just about had a - well, shall we say a very personal "experience" listening to it! :winks
I am looking at JBLs now, thanks a whole lot :laughlitt . I haven't gotten into my credit card yet but I sure have found an expensive hobby! Those sound files sold me.

BTW, I think the first sound bite, sounds like a big cam making the idle lope a bit, along with the sound of straight pipes. My truck sounds just like that and it has the little "Barbie V-8" [5.0] and the exhaust is nothing but a charcoal canister, followed by 3" galvanized electrical conduit with a 45° welded in to reach the final spot in front of the back wheel.

It passed emissions that way :rolleyes:

-David

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Oops

I forgot to ask.... did you install the mufflers yourself or is that something I have to take to the muffler shop? I did the exhaust on my truck myself and welding stainless is a treat but I like to be able to yell at someone *else* if it goes wrong!

-David

·
Registered
7 Posts
i did mine myself in my driveway at 4 in the morning (got off work and saw them sitting in the box and couldn't resist)

took about 45 min......very very easy to do yourselft with jackstands and a jack and common tools (about 3 things used)

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
JBAs

gxsilver said:
i did mine myself in my driveway at 4 in the morning (got off work and saw them sitting in the box and couldn't resist)

took about 45 min......very very easy to do yourselft with jackstands and a jack and common tools (about 3 things used)
Sounds great! I have air tools, jack stands (galore) and a 7K floor jack which, according to the Mustang owner's manual, I can't use on the diff? I have seen tire guys lift huge trucks on their differential but it says that is a no no, for the Mustang.

Did you order your mufflers via internet or mail order? No one sells it closer than Boise or Missoula. Those're a lot of snowy hours away.
[The media clip is playing in the background. It is making me smile. At 4200 RPM, the engine sounds *pissed off* RRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!]

BTW, has anyone heard FloMasters on the new Mustang? Do they sound like the JBAs?

-David

·
Registered
914 Posts
I know someone who has them installed and they sound a little "farty" to me compared to the JBAs - the JBAs may not be as earth shattering loud but they have that old muscle car sound to them IMHO.

JetBlack said:
BTW, has anyone heard FloMasters on the new Mustang? Do they sound like the JBAs?

-David

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
jiobao said:
I know someone who has them installed and they sound a little "farty" to me compared to the JBAs - the JBAs may not be as earth shattering loud but they have that old muscle car sound to them IMHO.
Does anyone know price on the JBAs. They do sound cool. I went to the FlowMaster web site and those 40 series are loud. They sound like my straight pipes, on the truck. A little too unrefined.

-David

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heres some prices i found real quick
http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.com/2005mustang/2005mustangparts.htm

6675s... long tube headers.................................................... $876.00
6675sh... offroad -pipe for long tube headers............................. $192.00
Axleback exhaust...................................................................$311.00

also I found on the forums that the hooker longtube headers are supposed to be nearly identical , fit better than JBA's and are only 600 and some change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
JetBlack said:
Sounds great! I have air tools, jack stands (galore) and a 7K floor jack which, according to the Mustang owner's manual, I can't use on the diff? I have seen tire guys lift huge trucks on their differential but it says that is a no no, for the Mustang.

Did you order your mufflers via internet or mail order? No one sells it closer than Boise or Missoula. Those're a lot of snowy hours away.
[The media clip is playing in the background. It is making me smile. At 4200 RPM, the engine sounds *pissed off* RRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!]

-David
thanks for the comments....yea i love them and will get the rest of the jba components when money is right.....

i got them on the internet, but can't seem to remember where.....they were having a huge sale and i bought them for like 275 with free shipping....i liked them so much that i ordered a second pair for my dad and his '06 hadn't even been delivered yet....

ya the Jba's aren't "loud" persay, but they have a great tone at normal driving and acceleration, with and H or X pipe and Headers its going to sound Nasty !!!

i have not heard them "gurgle" or "pop" or "buzz" or make odd bad sounding noises like some straight pipes and really wide open mufflers have.....

i am very impressed by them.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great video gxsilver! I had Magnaflows and switched to JBAs. I think they sound perfect for my taste. The Magnaflows were a little on the quiet side. The JBAs aren't very loud but sound meaner on takeoff, when you punch the accelerator, and just sound good (not loud) at normal highway cruising with very little drone (some drone around 1700 rpm in some gears).

JBA's website has a link to the online dealers. They also just came out with a stainless version of these mufflers. Wish I would have known because I would have waited but I'm very happy with the aluminum ones for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
pjdami said:
Great video gxsilver! I had Magnaflows and switched to JBAs. I think they sound perfect for my taste. The Magnaflows were a little on the quiet side. The JBAs aren't very loud but sound meaner on takeoff, when you punch the accelerator, and just sound good (not loud) at normal highway cruising with very little drone (some drone around 1700 rpm in some gears).

JBA's website has a link to the online dealers. They also just came out with a stainless version of these mufflers. Wish I would have known because I would have waited but I'm very happy with the aluminum ones for now.
ya i just saw the stainless version, i wish i woulda went with those as well, but very happy with what i have

·
Registered
16 Posts
gxsilver,
Everyone wants to know how you shot that video. Did you strap the camera to the rear spoiler with some velcro straps or something? That definitely is a unique way to shoot a muffler soundclip there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts