Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK im debating between a JBA stainless long tube and catted H pipe kit for $960 and a ARH stainless kit for $1170. which is a better deal? i dont race that often so would any power difference be worth it ? and would there be any ?

·
Registered
784 Posts
i heard ARH makes good headers, not sure of JBA. either way your going to gain power. you lose some tq but gain hp with long tubes on an NA car however. i was told by the shop

·
Registered
50 Posts
I say go with ARH, I got the jba long tubes and they where a pain to install because one of the primaries was rubbing on the edge of the bell housing causing a nasty sound . If I could go back I would spend a little more money to get a better fitting brand.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
American Racing for the win.

·
Registered
307 Posts
would you guys put the American Racing equal to or better than the Kooks?

Thats odd that you had fitment issues, I was leaning JBA because I had heard the were a good fit.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
would you guys put the American Racing equal to or better than the Kooks?

Thats odd that you had fitment issues, I was leaning JBA because I had heard the were a good fit.
Well I would`nt but I am partial to KOOKS. They did make the most hp in one of the tests. I am not sure that AR LT`S were in that test however. Now the American racing headers are easier to install. Some say they are better than Kooks,and that could just be because they own them. Kooks are very well made and the quality is what I want.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Where is the cheapest place to get kooks?
i got mine from LRS for 1,4xx.xx shipped with the catted x pipe, cheaper without cats tho.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Got my Kooks used. Installed and havent had a problem just had to tighten down the bolts again but thats normal.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I went with ARH LT's they are true long tubes. I understand Kooks are also very good, but are really 3/4 length headers.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I went with ARH LT's they are true long tubes. I understand Kooks are also very good, but are really 3/4 length headers.

this is true. i read that 3vs do better with mid length headers than true long tubes like 2vs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts