Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so anyway i went to wash my car today after work, and i go to dry off the passenger side fender, and i see a huge amount of missing paint off the fender in front of the tire, and parts of the front bumper. My first thought was how did i do that? then i got to thinking, i washed my car two days ago n it wasnt there, and i sure as hell would have felt it if i hit something.and im hearing a hell of a lot of tranny whine, bad bearingesque noise (spinning) in neutral, and the whole clutch clunk thing has gotten alot louder. as for the front bumper, i heard someone on here talking about people selling a gt bumper coversion kit within a reasonable price, that may be a better option than wetsanding and repainting the whole front bumper

R

·
0 Posts
?!?

You're missing paint on the fender and front bumper and you don't know how you did it in 2 days? On top of that your tranny is hosed?
Wow, that blows...

·
Registered
190 Posts
richey rich789 said:
so anyway i went to wash my car today after work, and i go to dry off the passenger side fender, and i see a huge amount of missing paint off the fender in front of the tire, and parts of the front bumper. My first thought was how did i do that? then i got to thinking, i washed my car two days ago n it wasnt there, and i sure as hell would have felt it if i hit something.and im hearing a hell of a lot of tranny whine, bad bearingesque noise (spinning) in neutral, and the whole clutch clunk thing has gotten alot louder. as for the front bumper, i heard someone on here talking about people selling a gt bumper coversion kit within a reasonable price, that may be a better option than wetsanding and repainting the whole front bumper
Hey richey rich789, I guess we are going to start a thread for thos transmission issues on V6 especially. Mine, who by the way is an exact replica of yours (except I already done the grill conversion) also has serious tranny noise of all kind. So far I have showed it to my dealer and I have also filled an official complaint to Ford an awaiting feedback.

BTW mine was buit in June, what about yours ?

Keep us updated on what's happening with yours and I will do the same.

Dineau

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine was built in mid march. i took it in to my dealer, who is takes care of stuff usually no problem and they said they wouldnt b able to get me a loaner over the weekend so they asked me to bring it back monday for a week or two. about the paint, im pretty sure it happened at work (i work at kwik kar) and im one of only 3 english speaking people that work there haha, but anyway it has white paint on the fender n bumper, n there are about 5 or 6 banged up white cars, with scrapes on every side of their cars, soooo its gonna be pretty much impossible to prove who did it. so im just gonna bite the bullet n pay for it myself. im gonna get a quote from my dealer on that as well.
things to fix so far:

trunk
tranny
gas tank
brakes (pedal vibrates and incredible amount when going over a bump, n goes limp almost)
paint

things already fixed
a shattered locking wheel nut when changing to a spare

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just trying to decide wether it would be better to file a hit and run report with the
po-po and see what my deductable is on my insurance

·
Registered
50 Posts
Probably better to not report it because even if it isn't your fault any claim to your insurance will likely raise your rates. Over time it will be cheaper to just bite the bullet as you put it and pay out of pocket to have it fixed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i was leaning towards. thnx for the advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts