Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an automatic v6 with a bama tune. I decided to buy a JLT CAI, I installed it myself and had bama reprogram my tunes to adjust. Ever since I installed it the performance is amazing, but whenever I step on the brake and decelerate down to about 5 mph i feel a jolt in the car. It almost feels like somebody just rear ended me, which is what i keep thinking everytime it happens. It happens about 50% of the time while i'm driving. Anyone else have this problem or know whats wrong?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I have an automatic v6 with a bama tune. I decided to buy a JLT CAI, I installed it myself and had bama reprogram my tunes to adjust. Ever since I installed it the performance is amazing, but whenever I step on the brake and decelerate down to about 5 mph i feel a jolt in the car. It almost feels like somebody just rear ended me, which is what i keep thinking everytime it happens. It happens about 50% of the time while i'm driving. Anyone else have this problem or know whats wrong?
its your tranny downshifting.. it does that to me on the 87 street tune too. not a problem just seems like it and is annoying somtimes

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Call BAMA and ask them if they can change the tranny parameters. Sounds to me like it may have something to do with the converter lockup.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I ge tthis now without the tune. It is quite annoying, but meh, it still upshifts fine and downshifts fine under the gun.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yeah, I don't think this has anything to do with the cai. I have the same characteristic sometimes, and I have nothing more than the tune and a K&N filter.

J

·
0 Posts
Same as what some of the others are saying, I occasionally get some really firm downshifts on deceleration, they sometimes really clunk hard. Nothing to do with the cai, just a shift parameter issue, they can adjust that if it annoys you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have an automatic v6 with a bama tune. I decided to buy a JLT CAI, I installed it myself and had bama reprogram my tunes to adjust.
I didn't know that Bama tweaks their tunes for CAI.

·
Registered
25 Posts

from the AM website

http://www.youtube.com/v/J_nslYhJX44t>

I was looking at this video while thinking about purchasing a intake. The video seems to show him installing the MAF sensor behind the heatshield. Looking at pics of other intakes JLT for example, i noticed the MAF wire on the other side of the heatshield.

I dont honestly know much about these things but, wouldnt the location of the MAF (especially when using a heatshield) make a difference? Even more so if you get a custom tune?

If so on which side would be better for the MAF?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool thanks for the feedback, its no biggie just wondered if it was a problem or not. And yea I didnt think they would have to retune but they sent me new ones.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was told they didn't

I called bama 2x and was told that the tunes I had for the stock intake were the same as the ones they did for a cai ( I have the airraid)

B

·
0 Posts
I called bama 2x and was told that the tunes I had for the stock intake were the same as the ones they did for a cai ( I have the airraid)
Basically I was told the same thing when I called about a couple DTCs I pulled. I wish they did though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Really?? My shop wrote a custom tune after installing the Airaid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts