Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yea, I bought the JLT CAI yesterday, it arrived at my house today, and I installed today as well. I took it out for about a 30 mile drive.... I LOVE IT! It compliments my borlas very well and I havent even tuned the stang. I give it a 4.5/5.... but for a reason. Since I have an Auto transmission, I had to drill a 3/4 inch hole into the induction tube to allow a, extra piece to allow an extra hose to connect to the tube (No idea why Ford made this tube...), Had my dad help with the drilling (hole came out better than JLT's other two holes haha), then I fit the grommit right into the new opening, there was a little dimple on the induction tube though to help show exactly where I needed to drill which made it easier, just so you Auto tranny users know in advance. Overall install time was about 30 minutes minus the drilling, very simple install, I again have no mechanical experience. The sound is great, very throaty, and I noticed a more responsive throttle from the drive I took. JLT states no computer retune is required on the V6 model but my friend told me his 07 stang (has a bbk CAI) eventually had its CE light on, so he had to tune it to remove the codes which were because of his CAI. He thinks the same will happen to me, although I have restarted the car about 5 times since I installed it and still nothing.

Overall again I recommend this CAI to any V6 owner who wants the best looking, best performing, and easiest install minus the drilling (still fairly simple). Im in love with the throaty sound at 5500 rpm+ :bigthumbsup

But back to MY concern on MY stang... anyone think the car will lean too much?? Should I tune it to avoid it overall? Or just wait and see if the light goes on? Anyone have any ideas??

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
You won't need a tune for the JLT.

But, a tune will do wonders for the performance of the car, especially the way the transmission will work after the tune.

·
0 Posts
I believe the jlt is a no tune required cai, I have the airaid and it was great but when I tuned the car overall performance improved. I wouldn't worry about your check engine light though you should be fine

B

·
0 Posts
I've run my JLT with and without a tune and never thrown any codes. I agree that a tune with a CAI makes even more of a difference. Smooths out the power band too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, I think im gonna try and work out a deal with my dealer seeing if they can put something in writing that they wont screw me over for warranty work if I put the tune on (I've heard of people doing it before believe it or not, as a matter of fact a customer with a V8 at my exact dealer one town over from me), If they ok me, Ill def. buy the tuner hands down. And I no it says theres no tune required Im just sayin I thought the car MAY lean a little and throw a code, It hasnt yet though So I guess it wont.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.