Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
NO GROUP BUYS!! It's against policy! We're trying to fix it (legality (liability) issues.) Please refrain from posting them for now!

Me too love a good deal but we can't have these just yet!

Thanks! kj

·
Registered
886 Posts
Im interested.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Im on the deal!
Vrooooooooooooooooommmmm:laughlitt

·
Registered
829 Posts
Howabouta JLT link so I can see how it compares to the C&L?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
Howabouta JLT link so I can see how it compares to the C&L?
Here's the link I found
https://www32.ssldomain.com/jlttruecoldair/products.php?make=Ford&model=Mustang%20GT&year=2005

My question is...who is doing the tune on the SCT for this group buy? The website lists a few approved tuners. I was considering buying a package through Brenspeed. Brent at Brenspeed is listed as one of their approved tuners. If we get his tune with this package then I'm probably in.

·
Registered
829 Posts
IndianaJones said:
Here's the link I found
https://www32.ssldomain.com/jlttruecoldair/products.php?make=Ford&model=Mustang%20GT&year=2005

My question is...who is doing the tune on the SCT for this group buy? The website lists a few approved tuners. I was considering buying a package through Brenspeed. Brent at Brenspeed is listed as one of their approved tuners. If we get his tune with this package then I'm probably in.
Thank you for the link IJ. I may get it for the '06.. I "like" the C&L system better though... BUT the SCT will shut off the traction control. I have been looking for that as it is easy to forget to do it every startup.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IndianaJones said:
When buying the combo from JLT... JLT has the SCTs programmed already. The site states that they worked closely with SCT to develop the tune.
If you buy the JLT intake system ONLY then you must obtain your own tune, that is where the approved tuners come into play.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
When buying the combo from JLT... JLT has the SCTs programmed already. The site states that they worked closely with SCT to develop the tune.
If you buy the JLT intake system ONLY then you must obtain your own tune, that is where the approved tuners come into play.
Thanks for the clarification Waxed. Now off to do a little research before I decide if I'm in or not.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I think the JLT is better than the current C&L. But the new C&L (of which I've seen one of two made) KICKS A$$! +90mm, PVC, just BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Waxed'05 GT said:
NO GROUP BUYS!! It's against policy! We're trying to fix it (legality (liability) issues.) Please refrain from posting them for now!

Me too love a good deal but we can't have these just yet!

Thanks! kj
I can't think of any issues unless it relates to the relationships this site has with its current advertisers.

I have the list thus far, and since we can't post here, maybe anyone interested can simply pm me with any questions or interest.

Sorry, kj, I did not realize not allowed. PM'ing is ok though, no?
Next thing I will resort to is personal e-mail if I must.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I totally respect whatever site policy exists. Those ads let us have a free site.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Waxed'05 GT said:
I can't think of any issues unless it relates to the relationships this site has with its current advertisers.

I have the list thus far, and since we can't post here, maybe anyone interested can simply pm me with any questions or interest.

Sorry, kj, I did not realize not allowed. PM'ing is ok though, no?
Next thing I will resort to is personal e-mail if I must.
PM is fine, so is the Classifieds section... and no worries, just one of them rules... :tongue

Yes, it has to do with payin advertisers but even more so your protection. What if somebody came on here with a bogus company and stol CC#'s, or you got a bad part, or the group buy policy was bogus (they often pay back after the fact) etc. The site admin would/could be held responsible, and even if they're not court and such is a dragg, and not the fun Staurday kinda dragg! :sterb:

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
I don't know, I guess they could claim 11, 15, and 16...

Or; The Final Word:

AFM reserves the right to make changes to these guidelines at any time. If you feel for whatever reason you are unable to follow these simple rules, we respectfully request you move on to greener pastures. We reserve the right to remove or edit any post for any reason, including those listed above.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Cant you or admin just move this thread into the classified section? Problem solved.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.