Ford Mustang Forum banner

JLT CAI/ SCT X2

5828 Views 63 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  brnrkm
NO GROUP BUYS!! It's against policy! We're trying to fix it (legality (liability) issues.) Please refrain from posting them for now!

Me too love a good deal but we can't have these just yet!

Thanks! kj
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 64 Posts
LOL. yeah I just realized that was there. I could have sworn that there used to be a link from the main forums page. Could be wrong...

kj_cinci said:
It's the big blue link above here, saying CLASSIFIEDS... :winks

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/pp-classifieds/index.php
So far I have about 5 or so that are in, I'm still taking PM's on this JLT/SCT combo if interested.
Finally! I've had this info since summer! Now you know why I have 'pushed' the JLT... Good product! Now I can't wait for info on the new C&L, looks awesome, massive!
Stoenr said:
I havnt seen this new C&L yet, got a link?
I have the JLT and the SCT-2 tune and it Rocks! I even had mine painted to match the car, and it looks great!

Pics attached.

Attachments

Thats what im talking about!!
No there is no official pics yet... I've seen a prototype. It looks the same but is PVC and larger, I think 95mm MAF but the bend is humongus! Just about exactly what you can fit infront of the engine, over the radiator and under the hood! Looks like Arnolds biceps! Just monster looking... power seemed awesome too... my guess is +30 with a good tune!
I looked all over the magazine's website and no dice. I guess I'll have to wait a week or so for my monthly subscription to be delivered.

Why u holdin out on us like that KJ???
I don't want to shake up anybody's plans or anything, but...

$379 with free shipping for the tuner from Brenspeed. This is the SCT Excalibrator 2 with three custom tunes and a USB cable, confirmed.
http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/tuning.html

I specifically asked about a tune for charge motion delete plates and headers and Brent assured me that he could supply a tune for the CMDP, and for the headers, if he already has a tune he will supply one, if not then it's $100 to create one. If you buy something from him, such as headers or X-pipe, then he will supply a tune for it for free. I'm leaning towards the Mac shortys anyway.
I will find out from JLT how much just for the intake. The tuner from Brenspeed is a wonderful idea since they can support the tuner and future mods. I just wonder how they can do "custom tunes" without having the car there. Maybe they test everything as it becomes available.

Brnrkm, try to find out if they will offer a discount, many of us are getting anxious.:tongue
WEll, if were paying 175 for the CAI, that would make the tuner 352.00. Figure 527 for the both with the 5% disc.

But find out more info. Its not like I need to rush this.
I agree. My only thought is that it might be a good idea to get your intake and tune from the same folks, so that the tune is actually matched to a specific intake. I was looking at the c&l - xcal2 from brenspeed, but I like the idea of a composite tube - less heat transfer to the intake charge.
I just e-mailed Jay Tucker at JLT to get some more on the specifics. I'm sure the Brenspeed tune is the same since they are an "authorized tuner". I also know that for future mods I would like to get tunes relatively inexpensive for the "smaller mods" such as the charge motion delete plates which are msrp for $199 and can add 10hp, but you can lose 20+ hp without the tune. I would rather pay $25 for each future tune than $100 for each tune just because I did not buy the tuner from them. It does feel that JLT focuses on one thing, its CAI. That's good, and that's why its the best, but does no justice for future mods.

... ok ok I'm gettin off the soap box.
Yes, no rush.. there is plenty of time.
I just got an e-mail back from Jay Tucker of JLT. Looks like the 5% is off, unless groups of 2 can get together for the 5% (screw the $10 savings, too much of a hassle, sorry fellas) :(
I'm still gonna buy his intake though.

My questions:

Jay,
So far I have about 8 people serious about purchasing the CAI and some of them are interested in the CAI X-2 kit.
1. Does the 5% discount apply to whatever they buy? (Some are looking to buy the tuner from
Brenspeed so that they have future "service" on tuner after the sale.)
2. What do you mean by "help with shipping"?
3. How do we go about making the purchase individually and still receiving the discount?
I have told everyone interested in the forum I frequent that I was waiting for a final count the end of this week before ordering.

Thanks and congrats on the January article in 5.0 I look forward to getting my monthly subscription so that I may read the article. (I found out about the article from a link to modular fords website. The user by the name of Stoenr that responded to you is in on the group buy as well)

Thanks again!!!

His response:
1) Yes, but I was under the impression it was going to be a package deal.
2) In order to help with shipping orders will need to go to the same address. This way I can box kits together and get a better rate.
3) I would prefer I get payment from one person for the deal.
I think there was a misunderstanding. I'm not having a sale and if I have 10 separate people call me and place a order expecting a discount, that's a sale. Then I get into a situation with others who call and find out after the fact they didn't get a discount.
If you would like to get payment from a few people and have them shipped to the same address I'd me more then happy to help you guys out. This was my understanding of the situation.
Feel free to call if you have any questions.

Jay Tucker
www.jlttruecoldair.com
JLT Performance
757 335 1940 (Phone)
757 546 2636 (Fax)
Well. Okay, fair enough.

I agree, the intake is still the best one around.

Tune question: How much difference do you guys think there is between a tune for a c&l cai versus a JLT cai???
ugh, lol. Oh well. Ordered some OE bullits and Snow tires just now anyway, CAI and tune can wait after winter.
it could be a LOT. it depends mostly on the size of the sensor housing. I think the JLT is 90mm, which is plenty for me.
ultraclyde said:
Well. Okay, fair enough.

I agree, the intake is still the best one around.

Tune question: How much difference do you guys think there is between a tune for a c&l cai versus a JLT cai???
See...!!! This is why we DON't aprove group buys... there is too many unknowns and too much of a hazzle!

I know JLT is in a heep with former customers (CAI and tuner) wanting more, new, updated tunes... help yourself and get your tuner from a professional tuner with more than a coouple of canned tunes!

You'll probably get a 'safe' tune from any (manufacturers) canned tune, but as mentioned MAF housing, overall size, filter intake area, etc etc. differs... so for the perfect tune, again!, go see a professional tuner!

With the X-Cal-II you e-mail your data log to you tuner (if he's not local of course) and he'll 'fix' it then e-mail you the new tune and you're on your way!
Thanks for the info kj. makes sense.
21 - 40 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.