Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

So I bit the "Bullitt" last night and ordered the JLT intake + tuner kit from AM. I have read SEVERAL positive threads about this combo working well on the 05 - 09 GT's so I am excited to see the improvements. There are some cheaper JLT combos out there but the free tunes for life and the stellar reputation that American Muscle has made it worth the extra coin to get the package from them.

·
Registered
833 Posts
You will be happy:bigthumbsup The extra power and response is well worth it and AM/Bama tunes are among the best.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Great choice. I have the exact same thing and it made a nice difference. And is Super easy to install. No more than 20 minutes.

But I will say that I don't think the AM price is any more than other places. I've seen it for $10 bucks cheaper with a tuner-come-lately writing the tunes. No thanks:nono:.

Post up and let us all know what you think. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Thanks for posting up!

Be sure to let us know how you like it:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's Like A New Car

Just installed the JLT CAI and Bama 87 Performance Tune...all I can say is WOW (and I still have the 91Race Tune to try)!!! The car runs better and pulls harder than it ever did before. No dyno results yet, but the SOTP dyno could not be happier.

American Muscle delivered just as promised and right on time. The hardest part if the install was being patient while the tune was updating.

I highly recommend this as a first upgrade :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Just installed the JLT CAI and Bama 87 Performance Tune...all I can say is WOW (and I still have the 91Race Tune to try)!!! The car runs better and pulls harder than it ever did before. No dyno results yet, but the SOTP dyno could not be happier.

American Muscle delivered just as promised and right on time. The hardest part if the install was being patient while the tune was updating.

I highly recommend this as a first upgrade :bigthumbsup
Haha! Wait until you load the race tune. I think it is noticably better than the others. :yup:

I agree that it should be the first mod... unless you decide the first mod should be a blower. :yup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
A SCT tuner was my first mod with a 93 tune, and I was so impressed with how the car felt, I bought a blower a month later! :gringreen

Just the throttle response change in a tune makes the car feel so much more peppy. You will have fun with it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just installed a Steeda CAI and 93 race tune on my 2009 GT ( as per Oak Lawn's suggestion) and love it. The intake install and tune were simple and without any of the horror stories that I read about. Absolutely perfect out of the box!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Great feedback, guys! Thanks again for all of the kind words. It definitely makes us feel good when there are people out there enjoying the tunes that we worked really hard to perfect.

Thanks again, and you guys know where to find us if there's absolutely anything you ever need!

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts