Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my C&L with a JLT. I found my torque again!

I can accelerate in 5th gear at 1500 RPM without it shuddering and shaking. Take offs are easier and I don't have to rev it to get up the hill into my garage.

I had two different tunes in the Racer and while it went like snot after 400RPM, it was not too exciging from 1500 to 3000. The JLT give a much nicer powerband. It's all dyno butt however, I assure you that the highway pulls and the little incline into my garage are proof enough for me.

The JLT is a better design in my opinion in that the rubber boot that attaches to the TB is not joined by a secondary silicone ring. The C&L Street is a good unit, had one on my V6. I was not crazy about the racer though.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I think you'll be happy with the JLT as long as you don't run into the problem I had with the MAF housing separating from the tube. I'm waiting for my replacement this next week from Jay Tucker.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
+1 on JLT just because there web site is sooo cool

haha no they are good intakes if you get one with flames on it, it adds 50rwhp a lil FYI

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
...I can accelerate in 5th gear at 1500 RPM without it shuddering and shaking. Take offs are easier and I don't have to rev it to get up the hill into my garage....
Your car was shuddering and shaking at 1500 rpm with the C&L racer CAI? More likely the tunes then the intake itself. I have that CAI and don't have any issues. Love it. And I've NEVER had to rev it to get up the hill into your garage... ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Harrison, I sent you a pm about your Racer intake. Sorry to disturb the thread guys. My first post. Jason
Hi Jason. I am out of twon for the next couple of days. I will get back to you when I get home.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I did just the opposite. Removed the JLT and installed the C&L Racer. With the right tuning the C&L makes power all through the rpm! Did not like having a PVC pipe on my car.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
I did just the opposite. Removed the JLT and installed the C&L Racer. With the right tuning the C&L makes power all through the rpm!
So does the JLT, demolet, Powerhouse and just about every other high-end CAI

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I think you'll be happy with the JLT as long as you don't run into the problem I had with the MAF housing separating from the tube. I'm waiting for my replacement this next week from Jay Tucker.
Damn, I just noticed a 1/4" + gap in mine. What do I do? I bought the unit from Evolution w/ a SCT II tuner. $75 for a new tube … WTF:sadcry:

·
Registered
580 Posts
I did just the opposite. Removed the JLT and installed the C&L Racer. With the right tuning the C&L makes power all through the rpm! Did not like having a PVC pipe on my car.
I bought the racer for future upgrades and looks. All of them flowed very well. I even read the magazine article stl mentioned. I've never been happier with my Racer Intake. My future upgrades include stage 3 pnp heads and stage 3 cams. When I chose the racer I intened to feed it a bunch of air which should be one of the reasons you buy it for.

As for the driveability issues. I have had none with mine.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Hey Stl … if you see this … is this what happened to your JLT tube?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Ok, now I see... Mine had the gap too.
Hey stl … I can't win w/ a thing lately. The car should not be on my "things to do list" right now. Our boat takes up all spare change and time … LOL!
You called Mr. Tucker in the above post about the separation problem? What happened after the call? I sent an email much earlier this AM, but no response yet. I didn't buy it from JLT … Evolution. Thx for the time!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.