Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I finally got the JLT intake installed that's been sitting in my living room for the past week. I haven't put it on the dyno yet since I just washed the grease off my hands. It's probably going to be towards Christmas before I get the time off from work to do that ( 12 hour shiftwork sucks ). Anyway, the difference is pretty good, even over the Mac CAI that I had on there. It's now impossible to go WOT in first without the tires breaking loose, even on dry pavement. I'll get some pics and dyno results eventually. Anyone who is in the market for a CAI should check out www.jlttruecoldair.com The intake looks really nice, painted to match your car and I think you can even get one witha flame job. All the hose connections are good and tight, all hardware is supplied so there's no adapters or reducers to go buy. It's an ABS plastic so there's next to no heat soak in the intake itself. I wish these were on the market when we got our '03 GT, I would never have fooled around with the Mac unit.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Nice to hear about things that work. - I bookmarked that link and will consider for my '01.
Thanks/Jeff

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
OK, so I finally got the JLT intake installed that's been sitting in my living room for the past week. I haven't put it on the dyno yet since I just washed the grease off my hands. It's probably going to be towards Christmas before I get the time off from work to do that ( 12 hour shiftwork sucks ). Anyway, the difference is pretty good, even over the Mac CAI that I had on there. It's now impossible to go WOT in first without the tires breaking loose, even on dry pavement. I'll get some pics and dyno results eventually. Anyone who is in the market for a CAI should check out www.jlttruecoldair.com The intake looks really nice, painted to match your car and I think you can even get one witha flame job. All the hose connections are good and tight, all hardware is supplied so there's no adapters or reducers to go buy. It's an ABS plastic so there's next to no heat soak in the intake itself. I wish these were on the market when we got our '03 GT, I would never have fooled around with the Mac unit.

Read an article on their 05 CAI the other day. Not only was it at the top of the heap as far as quality goes, but it was also one of the best power producers.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy really did his homework when he was designing this kit. One thing I have noticed is I don't have the induction sound that I had with the Mac kit. The plastic tends to dampen any induction noise where the metal tends to modulate it. The car is now an absolute rocket ship from 0-80 or so. I'm really anxious to get it back on the dyno to tune. I'm really lucky because each of the places that helped with the R&D on the JLT are here in Hampton Roads and most of the dyno sheets on the website are from the dyno's that my car have been on. So I know I'm getting the folks with the most experience on these units to set me up right. BTW, I had to replace the rear tires on the car Saturday also, got a pair of Eagle F1's, man these things are STICKY. Solved the issue with the rear end breaking loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.