Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trieng to put an jlt intake on my 2000 mustang gt, but does anyone know jlt true cold air intake is california smog legal? :scratchchin thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
Probably not

I specifically asked about their kit # CAI-FMG-9604 for my 02GT and they said "NO". It sure is hard to do anything in Cal! I believe the K&N intakes are and BBK is advertising that their kits are now. I liked the look of the JLT kit though too.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
just swap out the intake when you go for inspection. it only takes like 10 minutes

·
Registered
177 Posts
Might be a bit more than 10 minutes, the True Cold Air kit moves the MAF into the fenderwell. Still, if Lancaster only needs smog inspections every two years it might very easily be worth it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be a bit more than 10 minutes, the True Cold Air kit moves the MAF into the fenderwell. Still, if Lancaster only needs smog inspections every two years it might very easily be worth it!
Yeah i can always swap it back but i heard it was a pain in the butt cause IT IS in the fenderwell...i wanted to avoid that doing that but yeah i guess is not that bad cause it is every two years....thanks for the input.. i have another question:shop out here told me that it was a bad idea to get a cold air cause our street floods when it rains sometimes...am i going to have a lot of problems with it in the rain?..

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
you shouldnt. its difficult for water to get even inside the fender. there are black plastic splash guards in the wheel wells protecting from underneath, the bumper protecting from in front, and the hood protecting from above. unless the water level gets as high as the filter you should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.