Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone hear about the jms perfomance package, includes jms CAI, sct tuner, underdrive pulley set, and choice of gear set. With just these mods they ran a 12.4 quarter mile. Just wondering if anyone has used products from this company.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a friend that has a 04 Cobra that he has had on the dyno that produced 490hp at the rear wheels and he runs 12.1 in the 1/4 mile and 1.8 60 ft times. He is running 12lbs of boost. I find it hard to beleive that the JMS setup will run 12.4. Just my .02 cents. I am tired of low 1/4 mile times everywhere when they aren't real world numbers.

G

·
Redfire said:
I have a friend that has a 04 Cobra that he has had on the dyno that produced 490hp at the rear wheels and he runs 12.1 in the 1/4 mile and 1.8 60 ft times. He is running 12lbs of boost. I find it hard to beleive that the JMS setup will run 12.4. Just my .02 cents. I am tired of low 1/4 mile times everywhere when they aren't real world numbers.
While I agree with your comment in general (careless dyno numbers and et times tossed around for profit), recall that the guys with 400+ rwhp have hella issues hooking up with all that torque at launch. The 1/4 mile times is NOT simply a matter of who much HP you have. For instance, a guy just put on a Saleen blower, and got 430rwhp! Ya know what he did in the 1/4? 13.00. He spun tires through 3 gears.
I know a guy who did a mod kit very similar to mine (plus a hi-po clutch/ flywheel) with MT drags and got 11.99!
Its all in the hook my freind. Now your Cobra freind should be doing 11's if he gets hooked, thats alot of HP!
Oh and the Saleen guy, he put on ET drags and got 12.5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts