Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well . . . I'm still waiting for my car to come outta the shop. I'm jonesin so hard I damn near took the rental car to the track!!!! They tell me it'll likely be done tomorrow. The old heads are off. Everything is prepped. New heads and headers go on tomorrow, along with stainless roller rockers, my Snow kit, my line lock, my shift light, and my oil breather tank . . . .

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only solace is knowing that when the car comes back . . it'll be MUCH faster . . . . :tongue

·
Registered
108 Posts
2 words, "Roll Cage". :) Gonna need one. Sweet. Must send pics of new parts installed. That poor stock intake manifold is going to be wheezing big time!
Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well . . . I'm gonna go to the track Friday in order to determine what kind of cage I'm going to need. I'm competing in the Open Comp class at FFW in October. I should be able to get away with a 5 point bar. But . . . if for some odd reason the car runs better than 11.5 (which I doubt) I'll need to get the 8 point cage to be legal.

Now . . . if I have done the math right . . . it could run somewhere between 11.5 and 11.8 . . . . we'll see on Friday. I'll have new dyno numbers on Thursday, too. :eyepoppin

As for the intake . . . well . . . an aftermarket job isn't out of the question . . I might just sneak one on. We'll see what kind of numbers its putting down and take things from there. It shouldn't be too much of a problem with the higher boost I'm going to be running. But, we'll tweak it if we have to.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My guess is that with your current tires, you could probably run 12.5 to 13.0. I think, for you to get 11's, slicks are in need. Then, be careful, because axles and your diff are the next upgrade. Anyway, I've very curious to see what it runs and dyno's compared to the blower by itself. Good luck. Awesome project!

Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We'll see what the ETs are at the track Friday night. I have learned that these tires hook like hell as long as I get them hot enough . . . but it takes a big nasty burnout. By the end of my runs a few weeks ago, traction was not an issue at all.

Oh . . almost forgot . . . I did a driveshaft loop too . . to keep it legal.

I just talked to the shop, and we are doing a powder coated 6 point custom cage with swing out removable siderails.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.