Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's the thing, after I switch a gear to drive at a lower rpm because say a there is some trafic ahead, after it breaks up and ( and im still at aroun 2.8 rpm) I try to speed up and hit the gas instead of speeding up smoothly it has a sort of a little jurk to it a couple of times until it reaches around 3.5 rpm. same thing happens whenever I switch to a higher gear. or whenever i make a turn or somethin to a faster street. ( Like when I switch at 3rpm to the next gear)

Now I got all my spark plugs changed just less than a week ago.
I was given the idea that some spark plugs are not workin or somethin in that direction.
I got no idea what it is but i dont wanna leave it unknoticed.
By the way its an 01 GT an i think that the only thing that can be changed is the spark plugs but not the wires (ignition wise) ...

G

·
I have heard clogged EGRS can do this. I know my car did at time til i wailed on it and it would go away for a while. I deleted my EGR during the intake swap and its never happened again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im a little knew with the terminology. what's EGRS, oh and i think that i also heard that it could be the O2 sensors, anyone know about that

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
EGR stands for exhaust gas recurculation. Its an EGR valve and a couple of hoses and pipes that redirect some exhaust gases back into the fresh air coming into your engine to reduce emissions. A clogged or bad EGR valve could cause your problem and its possible that the O2 sensors could have failed, causing a rich condition which could cause your problem.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Emissions? what is that????

Monkey Boy said:
EGR stands for exhaust gas recurculation. Its an EGR valve and a couple of hoses and pipes that redirect some exhaust gases back into the fresh air coming into your engine to reduce emissions. A clogged or bad EGR valve could cause your problem and its possible that the O2 sensors could have failed, causing a rich condition which could cause your problem.
Hi, where i live there is no emission law what so ever :happyhapp. Can i delete the EGR? would it hurt the engine or would it be better for it? what other junk i can remove to get more power? I would like to free up all the horses jailed by Ford and the emission laws. Please help!! :?:

G

·
96EvilGT said:
Hi, where i live there is no emission law what so ever :happyhapp. Can i delete the EGR? would it hurt the engine or would it be better for it? what other junk i can remove to get more power? I would like to free up all the horses jailed by Ford and the emission laws. Please help!! :?:

yes u can delete the EGR but it doesnt serve any big gains. Its a good idea if u do to have a tune to turn it off so the computer thinks everything is ok. I deleted mine because when i did the PI intake swap it caused an extra days work because first the EGR housing cracked, then the hole in the exhaust manifold stripped out so i just got rid of it all, major pain but its gone and makes a cleaner engine bay. I do notice intake temps seem to be a little less but i also hear it raises engine temps so i put in a 180 thermostat while i was at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.