Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i was told to go on this forum and c who else was having transmission problems w the 11 n 12 mustangs. after i had a long and drueling couple weeks at the dealership i am somewhat relaxed now. so heres the story got a brand new 2012 mustang that had 2 miles on it fresh from the factory. i am 23 yrs old and a first time buyer of a neww vehicle. on my way home after a long day at the dealership i was in my new 2012 mustang on the freeway and my 4th gear had a very noticable vibration that none of the other gears had.:nono: i took it back to the dealership 2 days later and the services guys already left. so me and my salesperson test drove another stang and that 4th gear was fine. so i came back 2 days later and the transmission guys said it was fine. thats when i began to get upset and took him on a test drive with another stang and that 4th gear was fine. he said he couldnt make that call and i had to come back another 2 days later to give it to the engineer. what a damn nightmare. the service guy later called me back and said the engineer did feel something was wrong w the 4th gear. at that point i was jus glad to hear that they new there was a problem. my service guy said they had to open the transmission and i wasnt to happy about that. hes said it would be done in 3 days and a whole week later after chewing out my sales guy his manager people in customer relations i began to get more mad. thats wen i started demanding a new car. i put 300 miles on it driving back n forth to galpin 2 weeks in a row. thats when i went in after my car has been in for a week and still they hadnt even diagnosed the car.(i was constantly calling my service guy. as i was exiting the freeway with my rental i called the service guy again and he finally said they had to replace the for gear. then i was set on getin a new car. when i went in there and spoke with the General Manager of Galpin and explain the hell iv been going through he understood how unhappy i was as i explained it wasnt anyone fault but was now their job to make me the customer happy again. he then went to talk to the big boss lady and came back and offered me 2 payments on my car. i was not really biting on that deal. i was worried that the car was gunna have future problems and this was just a sign of that. the service guys said that working on it now would not make the car less strong or anything. i just didnt want a car that i paid 30 grand for not not now a new caqr from the factory. i called my mechanic that worked on my cars my whole life said that opening the tranny already wasnt guna hurt the car. he said those guys will make sure its still as strong when it came from the factory.so i told them to cut me a check for my first 3 payments and we have a deal. wat a nightmare huh. my car is still in the shop now 9 days after driving it a week unenjoyably. i kno these trannys have had problems for others but do you believe that????????????????

·
Registered
612 Posts
That sucks! I have had mine for two days and mine is in the shop also. It went into limp mode and i don't know what is wrong with it yet. Hopefully it is nothing like yours! I hate driving the focus that they gave me.

·
Registered
786 Posts
manual or automatic?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
You didn't notice anything wrong when you test drove the car, but did when you drove it home from the dealership? This problem sounds different than most who are having issues with their manual transmissions. Try to be patient, what you really want is the car fixed correctly, not quickly. I'm sure they'll have to order the new parts for your tranny, and that could take a week or more alone.

Hope Ford or your dealership makes it right for you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
hey joenpb what kind of problems with the manual transmission are popular?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I would be happy with the 3 payments and new gear. Just because there was a trans problem doesnt mean theres anything wrong with the rest of the car and they cant just swap out cars that easily.

Enjoy the car when you get it back!

hey everyone i was told to go on this forum and c who else was having transmission problems w the 11 n 12 mustangs. after i had a long and drueling couple weeks at the dealership i am somewhat relaxed now. so heres the story got a brand new 2012 mustang that had 2 miles on it fresh from the factory. i am 23 yrs old and a first time buyer of a neww vehicle. on my way home after a long day at the dealership i was in my new 2012 mustang on the freeway and my 4th gear had a very noticable vibration that none of the other gears had.:nono: i took it back to the dealership 2 days later and the services guys already left. so me and my salesperson test drove another stang and that 4th gear was fine. so i came back 2 days later and the transmission guys said it was fine. thats when i began to get upset and took him on a test drive with another stang and that 4th gear was fine. he said he couldnt make that call and i had to come back another 2 days later to give it to the engineer. what a damn nightmare. the service guy later called me back and said the engineer did feel something was wrong w the 4th gear. at that point i was jus glad to hear that they new there was a problem. my service guy said they had to open the transmission and i wasnt to happy about that. hes said it would be done in 3 days and a whole week later after chewing out my sales guy his manager people in customer relations i began to get more mad. thats wen i started demanding a new car. i put 300 miles on it driving back n forth to galpin 2 weeks in a row. thats when i went in after my car has been in for a week and still they hadnt even diagnosed the car.(i was constantly calling my service guy. as i was exiting the freeway with my rental i called the service guy again and he finally said they had to replace the for gear. then i was set on getin a new car. when i went in there and spoke with the General Manager of Galpin and explain the hell iv been going through he understood how unhappy i was as i explained it wasnt anyone fault but was now their job to make me the customer happy again. he then went to talk to the big boss lady and came back and offered me 2 payments on my car. i was not really biting on that deal. i was worried that the car was gunna have future problems and this was just a sign of that. the service guys said that working on it now would not make the car less strong or anything. i just didnt want a car that i paid 30 grand for not not now a new caqr from the factory. i called my mechanic that worked on my cars my whole life said that opening the tranny already wasnt guna hurt the car. he said those guys will make sure its still as strong when it came from the factory.so i told them to cut me a check for my first 3 payments and we have a deal. wat a nightmare huh. my car is still in the shop now 9 days after driving it a week unenjoyably. i kno these trannys have had problems for others but do you believe that????????????????

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looks like we found the guy working on your car!...clueless.
he never said if it was a manual or an automatic you dingleberry.

I know the manual's have problems, but that doesn't mean the automatics can't have them either.

lrn2gatherinformation

you're the real clueless one here.

J

·
0 Posts
Dude... I don't know which to feel worse about his gear issue, or maybe his illeteracy, or is it like lngtdrver said he has a touch screen phone with his spell correct turned off. After spending years advising around the world with, Arabic, Kurdish, and Pashtun interpreters helping me, I thought I was good at figuring out what people were saying. But you come back to good ol' USA and go, Wow!
OP, Glad they finally figured it out. I hope she runs well for you now, and you have no more issues with your car.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Mine problem was with the throttle body not the gearing. I get her back tomorrow!

·
Registered
268 Posts
he never said if it was a manual or an automatic you dingleberry.

I know the manual's have problems, but that doesn't mean the automatics can't have them either.

lrn2gatherinformation

you're the real clueless one here.

OP indicated that it was fourth gear. Didn't dither at all. Folks can't usually tell what intermediate gear they're in when talking about automatics. So...an educated guess would indicate that he was indeed talking about a manual transmission, as he was certain of the gear.

·
Registered
786 Posts
OP indicated that it was fourth gear. Didn't dither at all. Folks can't usually tell what intermediate gear they're in when talking about automatics. So...an educated guess would indicate that he was indeed talking about a manual transmission, as he was certain of the gear.
automatic has a 4th gear and you can tell when it shifts gears.

so there was no real way to be certain without asking.

again, assumptions are the basis for bad judgement and in cases like this it's best to gather the information.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts