·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
No the foglights are different, the fog lights that fit the CS lower valance are projector style and not close to the Pony Package Fogs.
As for the grille, I think it is all you need, but I did the full CS conversion on mine so I am not sure.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
If you buy the GT bumper you can use the Saleen grille. However, like it was mentioned above your fog lights will not fit in the CS fascia, so you need to buy the fascia with the fog lights, or you can opt to discard the fog lights (Boss style).

You can buy a takeoff GT bumper on ebay. Problem is you are in Canada and shipping is a *****. When I bought the Roush bumper for my V6 I drove to the US to pick it up.

Install is relatively simple. It helps if you have two people. There was a guide on here at some point on how to do it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you buy the GT bumper you can use the Saleen grille. However, like it was mentioned above your fog lights will not fit in the CS fascia, so you need to buy the fascia with the fog lights, or you can opt to discard the fog lights (Boss style).

You can buy a takeoff GT bumper on ebay. Problem is you are in Canada and shipping is a *****. When I bought the Roush bumper for my V6 I drove to the US to pick it up.

Install is relatively simple. It helps if you have two people. There was a guide on here at some point on how to do it.
Yea I goto the States every week to fuel up anyways, so shipping should not be a problem. Now I just have to find a bumper.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This might be a dumb question but what is the difference between a bumper and a bumper cover?

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Technically what you want is the bumper cover or the front fascia. The front bumper is what is located beneath the bumper cover. Its made of foam.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the pony package lights. Sorry if it is not clear in the pic I provided.
I think the BOSS/CS fascia comes with wiring connectors intended to get power from the stock GT fog harness which is H10 style not H11 like the pony pkg fogs.

You may have to buy the H10 harness without switch or swap connectors on the fascia wiring kit.

Edit: looks like they have a proper adapter instead of buying a new harness http://www.starkey-products.com/v6-mustang-fog-light-converters-h11-h10-2005-2013
You just have to confirm with AM that their fascia wiring kit has plug ends instead of something else (like splices).
http://www.starkey-products.com/v6-mustang-fog-light-converters-h11-h10-2005-2013

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think the BOSS/CS fascia comes with wiring connectors intended to get power from the stock GT fog harness which is H10 style not H11 like the pony pkg fogs.

You may have to buy the H10 harness without switch or swap connectors on the fascia wiring kit.

Edit: looks like they have a proper adapter instead of buying a new harness V6 Mustang Fog Light Converters H11 to H10 Set (2005-2013) ? Starkey Products
You just have to confirm with AM that their fascia wiring kit has plug ends instead of something else (like splices).
http://www.starkey-products.com/v6-mustang-fog-light-converters-h11-h10-2005-2013
Since you already have fog lights you will need:
-GT or GT/CS front bumper fascia
-GT/CS or BOSS lower fasica
-GT/CS fog lights (2)
-Saleen grille

I bought my parts from my local Ford dealership. Shipping was free and I didn't have to pay a cent until I got to look through the boxes. If you want to use your stock grille instead of the Saleen one you will need a grille surround. Also if you want the lower BOSS splitter that sticks out below the lower fascia, that is an addition component.

To install, you will need to remove the radiator cover, current front bumper fascia and disconnect your fog lights. Install the new lower fascia into the new front bumper fascia. Remove the front caps from the new lower fascia and install the fog lights. Install your new grille. Route fog light wiring harness so that it will connect to the new fog lights. Install new front bumper fascia assembly. Connect wiring harness to new fog lights. Reinstall old radiator cover.

If you have any questions, let me know. I don't have the exact part numbers in front of me, but I can find them if you'd like. Yes, you will need to paint the bumper if you don't get a Silver takeoff. Mine cost about $300 to get it painted. In total, it cost me about $1500 to swap the front end of my car, but yours might be a bit cheaper by going with the Saleen grille and not getting the lower BOSS splitter.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

Edit: looks like they have a proper adapter instead of buying a new harness V6 Mustang Fog Light Converters H11 to H10 Set (2005-2013) ? Starkey Products
They come with an adapter harness to plug in and run the wires down from the GT grille fog, the CS fog lights are H11 so the Pony Package fog light harness just plugs in.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Technically what you want is the bumper cover or the front fascia. The front bumper is what is located beneath the bumper cover. Its made of foam.
The Foam is the Absorber. The Bumper it the steel or Aluminum bar under the cover and absorber.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts