Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is a 2006 Roush sport. I want to increase the sound to really loud, but not to the point of straight pipes or the loudmouth exhausts..say, if a stock gt is a 1, and straight pipes is 10, i want to have about a 7...now some said to switch out the pipe with another xpipe....if i do that, should i get an X pipe or H pipe? how do the prices, sound and performance contrast eachother?

Also, is it possible to keep the tips, and somehow replace the mufflers? I haven't looked too much under the roush so i'm hoping some people here can throw me some insight as to how the exhaust is set up in the car. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Your exhaust options are limited with the roush. AN o/r H will increase the volume a good bit. Add headers--even more.

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay thanks guys. One more thing. I have a friend who owns a 2003 GT who has his own set up for an exhaust, and he says an X pipe sounds alot better. i see this comparison video and the car sounds great , however, is there an X pipe in existence that is directly compatible with my Stock Roush mufflers. Thanks again guys.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,863 Posts
Any midpipe will work. The difference with the roush is from the overaxle pipes on back. That's the same X-pipe I run (only without cats).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Actually your noyt that limited with the roush, the system you want may just take minor fab in the axleback section, all else is bolt on like a stock GT. As for a X or H pipe to work with your current roush system there are tones of options out there. I am leaning toward Pypes X Pipe and Mid Muffler system. If you go to youtube and type in pypes mid muffler system you will see a grabber yellow Stage 2 that sounds really good. i would place a link but works IT system cut out youtube.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay..after taking the mufflers off and liking the sound...im thinking of just a muffler delete.

LAST QUESTION I PROMISE heh...a muffler delete is definately the way i want to go. Could someone tell me if there are kits out there that just replace the mufflers with pipes? if not, i was planning on going to midas muffler tomorrow to throw some pipes on and keep the tips. What do you guys think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.