Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just to share a little thing... the switch to open my convertible top in my S197 2005 base, was acting up... so i thought, just to replace that simple switch...

the thing is, the 2005-2013 convertible top switch 4R3Z-15B691-AAA is about $97!!!!

then I found, that the 2010-2013 convertible top switch AR3Z-15B691-AA is just $12.....

after trying unsucesfully to get somebody in tascaparts to compare the parts, i took the plunge and purchased the one for the 2010-2013.... because, you see, the 2005-2013 also fits in the "2010" and the other one fits only 2010 and over? weird....

once i received the part, yes, they are exactly same. the only difference is the bar code taped in one side of the button frame. the actual button is the same part. and the frames are identical.

so, if you need a convertible top switch, just get the one for 2010-2013 and save like $80....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Glad you were able to save $$ Saving $$ is a good thing:grin:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi guys,

just to share a little thing... the switch to open my convertible top in my S197 2005 base, was acting up... so i thought, just to replace that simple switch...

the thing is, the 2005-2013 convertible top switch 4R3Z-15B691-AAA is about $97!!!!

then I found, that the 2010-2013 convertible top switch AR3Z-15B691-AA is just $12.....

after trying unsucesfully to get somebody in tascaparts to compare the parts, i took the plunge and purchased the one for the 2010-2013.... because, you see, the 2005-2013 also fits in the "2010" and the other one fits only 2010 and over? weird....

once i received the part, yes, they are exactly same. the only difference is the bar code taped in one side of the button frame. the actual button is the same part. and the frames are identical.

so, if you need a convertible top switch, just get the one for 2010-2013 and save like $80....
Thanks for the heads up. Mine switch is 10 yrs old now. It could last for many more years or it could fail tomorrow. Good to know there's a low cost solution in case it does fail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just wanted to say thanks for this.. I was having a hard time spending $90+ on a switch to replace mine in my 2005 base convertible that still "kinda" worked, but as it got more and more intermittent, I decided to start looking, and I found this post.. I can confirm, I just replaced my switch with part AR3Z-15B691-AA, which I actually had a hard time finding, but got one on ebay for under $20, and it works great in my 2005.. It took me about 5 minutes to exchange..

I took the cap off of the old switch expecting to just see some bent or dirty contacts, but there's actually a little circuit board with the LEDs, and some waterproofing type plastic over the board, etc so I dont think I'd have much luck refurbishing this one.. I think I'll keep it as a backup for a couple weeks in case there are any ill-effects, but I expect I wont be needing it..

Thanks!!
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts