Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all! I’m new around here but not so new to the world of Mustangs. I currently own two. One being a 96 base model which was my first car, and two being a 2012 Mustang GT which is currently undergoing surgery. I’ve spent the last 5 years or so working within the racing industry at the highest level, and have finally decided to dip my toes back into the driver pool.

I’m currently building a gt350 based platform where I’m pulling out all the stops. Starting with the block in boring out the factory spray in sleeve liner and sliding in a set of .090” flanged sleeves. It’ll be accompanied by a fully forged rotating assembly using a few tricks of the trade to help keep it healthy under the pressure it’s going to see...

Fully Cnc ported/ valve job’d heads... custom grind cams... the works.
All to be topped with a 2.8L LC kennebell. I have full intentions of running the 3” pulley with the system conjoined with the overdrive damper to push this thing to its limits. Realistically, I’m shooting for 1300hp at the crank on kill tune running C25 race gas.

Here are a few pictures of the car and the build so far!
5F4E132A-D42F-4A77-A8C7-2161B49E3222.jpeg FBCD623C-616D-4F5B-B476-9588B1EBE94B.jpeg A88513B2-C04E-4E55-BED6-37EE2B0276FC.jpeg DF2E0B74-EB2A-488C-85F9-6638DF174BAE.jpeg A8CCF8CF-1B23-4A39-957A-8363D52E0FA2.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: FIFTiAna

·
Super Moderator
1,630 Posts
Welcome to AFM!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Beautiful machine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Administrator
8,521 Posts
Welcome to the site! Extremely jealous of that amazing looking garage!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the site! Extremely jealous of that amazing looking garage!!
Thanks! I'm lucky enough to get to call that my work 😅

·
Super Moderator
39,946 Posts
Welcome to the site!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
welcome to the site!!! Sounds like you’re doing it right!!!! Do you have an Instagram account p so I can follow your build? Mine is @Jellie_Vee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do actually! It’s “one.nasty.coyote”

Reactions: FIFTiAna

·
2,805 Posts
Welcome to AFM! Do you work for a performance shop or race team? Nice build going on!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: MustangLife

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cut my teeth drag racing motorcycles in the 70's...Pro Stock. Then later found out 4 wheels was a little safer.:cool:
I like my bike but I prefer racing with 4 tires and a cage lol

I spend my time right out of college working for a couple prominent Nitro fuel teams within Nhra. Now a days I’m working in promod and factory stock. Less travel and more time spent with family. It’s been fun so far

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
It’s been fun so far
Yes it is. Motorcycles were a thrill and a half. Did most of my racing at Ohio Valley, south of Louisville and Beech Bend, Bowling Green. Met some top racers back then, Vance & Hines and Russ Collins - RC Engineering and his Funny Bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts