Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've never owned a Mustang before but I was intrigued when I saw the 2008 Bullitt at the Detroit Auto Show last January. I like the clean design with no spoiler, no stripes, no scoops, no fog lights and no pony logo in the grill. It struck me as just the way I would design the car. I assumed they would be difficult to purchase due to the limited production, but I found that a dealer in Livermore, CA had 7 for sale at the end of the year and I was able to cut a great deal on a black 2008 Bullitt ($24,995 + tax and license - the MSRP was $34,700). So I am the happy owner of a new Mustang and I have to say that I've never bought a car that got so much attention.

I only have a couple of things to do to the car to make it perfect:

1. I need bluetooth so I'll have to install something in the car. Too bad it didn't come with Sync since I had tried that on an Edge and I liked it. If anyone has a bluetooth suggestion, especially one that integrates with the Ford navigation system I'd like to hear about it. I'll be searching this forum.

2. I already ordered replacements for the center covers on the alloy wheels. It's the only place where a pony is displayed on the car. I got some plain brushed aluminum ones from AmericanMuscle.com.

3. I think the car needs to be lowered to really look great. I'm sure that there will be some info in the forum but I'd like to hear from anyone who has experience with lowering Bullitts. They're supposed to be a little lower than the stock Mustang but it still looks a little like a 4WD to me. Also, does anyone have experience with wheel adapters to push the wheels out a bit? I think 1/2" to 3/4" out and lowered would give the car a very purposeful look.

That's all for now. I'm going to go out and drive that puppy around!

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Nice choice! Welcome to the Forum! :wavey

·
Registered
104 Posts
does anyone have experience with wheel adapters to push the wheels out a bit? I think 1/2" to 3/4" out and lowered would give the car a very purposeful look.
If I can type this w/o drooling on my keyboard... :gringreen

Congrats on yr new Bullitt!

I have 38mm adapters on my rear 245/17's. Makes them look , well, purposeful will do 'cause I don't know if "balls-to-the-wall" is 4 words or hyphenated.

You'll learn that the narrower spacers (less than.5") will prob'ly require installing longer studs. Only issue with the thicker adapters (integral studs) is you gotta re-torque them periodically.;)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Welcome to AFM!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info on the spacers and adapters. In general I don't like spacers because they put too much stress on the wheel studs. And I'm not sure I want to go to 1" or more because that might put wheels out too far. I think I'll see how it looks lowered before doing any spacers or adapters.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. You'll get more info in the 2005+ sections.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.