Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lol, I sold my fully Built Honda for a 1994 Mustang GT 5.0 standard. i got this car really cheap $1200 with no tags and problems with the wheel studs and lug nuts which im fixing. well i opened the oil cap to look in the engine and see if it was gunked up and was amazed by this royal Blue Rocker arm and on the sides of the rocker arm from what i could see was a clean Chrome or silver. pretty much everything looks brand new. the car sound really good like it has a Cam in it also.

And it has a BBK intake mani and BBK throttle body and a nice fuel rail with a fuel gauge on it and adjustable thing on the other side of the fuel rail its blue.

I know my **** but this mustang i think is already built for supercharger or something just wanting to get yalls oppion on what yall thing its got? and is that good to have clean and nice valve train?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Pics? Sounds like you have roller rockers, but to be "built" for a supercharger that lies in the rotating assembly which really can't be seen without taking either the motor apart or getting the oil pan off to see under it. Good buy though, seems like a great price for an sn95 and it'll more than likely garner better returns than your honda :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, its deffinly satisfied me more than my honda already! my buddy has a 94 5.0 automatic before he left to marines and his **** was fun! and this 5.0 is a 5spd so dam it is nice!

Anyways what are roller rocker arms? and is that any better than stocks? if so what makes them better than stock?

G

·
Anyways what are roller rocker arms? and is that any better than stocks? if so what makes them better than stock?
think this should cover it......

CLICK_HERE

First the biggest benefit to a roller vs. a no roller rocker is friction. Having said that, the friction might not be exactly what everyone has in mind. Of course roller rockers produce less static friction against the valve tip itself, meaning long tip life, and anytime you reduce friction your reducing heat produced by that friction. Another admirable quality of roller rockers is more accurate valve timing. By this I mean a roller rocker (properly aligned) will tend to have less forward and back movement in it's travel, meaning you get more usable lift from the cam at a given pressure against the rocker arm. But the biggest benefit to using a roller vs. non-roller rocker is valve guide life. A roller rocker does not produce the side loads on the valve that a conventional rocker does because it's not pushing sideways against the valve tip and forcing the stem against one side of the guide. In an engine that’s had roller rockers vs. conventional rocker arms you see far less guide wear, hence this extends your oil control and valve seat life.

Are you going to bolt on more HP? Not enough to notice, unless your running a huge cam and heavy valve seat pressures.

Is your oil temp going to be reduced? Slightly, but not enough to write home about.

In general are they easier and more accurate for valve timing? Yea, anytime you’re not forcing a blunt piece of steel across another blunt piece of steel. You’re going to have less valve deflection and rocker deflection and hence more accurate timing.

I hope this gives you an idea on what roller rockers do for you and what they don't. The bottom line is, they certainly don't hurt (except the are a tad noisier) and if your looking to do it right, this is one of those little things that pay off in the long run.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dam, well explained thanks! ^^^ :bigthumbsup

Ok, Well if this is done then is their a possibility that it has a aftermarket cam cause it does sound different then my friends stock 5.0.

·
Registered
552 Posts
dam, well explained thanks! ^^^ :bigthumbsup

Ok, Well if this is done then is their a possibility that it has a aftermarket cam cause it does sound different then my friends stock 5.0.
its possible.... anything is possible.
i guess you need to tear apart the motor to find out...

just like a honda, but you have twice the amount of stuff
therefore twice the amount of power..

and twice as likely to break... lol (sorry but its true, once you get a fast car.. they actually do break down)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i know^^. with more power comes more problems. From the problems seen in my buddy's 5.0 the ONLY main problem we ever had was the distributor always going out once a year. So i might as well go ahead and buy a new one and have it in the trunk.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
You definitely got a good buy on that one. It obviously has some modifications so it's hard to tell what might be inside the engine.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya if yall read my other post i cam so dam close to buying a 01 V6 car and was gonna swap a 4.6 in it. im so glad i waited for this one!;)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just looked a little at a car fax report well the free one and it has a Manufactors recall.

Manufacturer recall issued
Recall # 00S37
PARK BRAKE CONTROL ASSEMBLY

do i just go to the dealership and have them fix it? and what is it?

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I just looked a little at a car fax report well the free one and it has a Manufactors recall.

Manufacturer recall issued
Recall # 00S37
PARK BRAKE CONTROL ASSEMBLY

do i just go to the dealership and have them fix it? and what is it?
yea the dealer would set you up. I believe that recall replaces the switch on the e brake lever because they would short out and cause the red brake light to stay illuminated even though the brake fluid level was ok and the e brake was not applied.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh ok, Thanks. the e brake doesn't work at all if i pull it. and their is no Red brake light on. only a light that comes on after 2 mins of driving and its the air bag light and it is really dim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.