Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 17, I know a little about cars but not a whole lot. Today i bought a 1978 Mustang II Ghia. Its got a 302, 3 speed. A bunch of new parts on it. Spedometer doesnt work, gas tank leaks if filled over half, and has stalled on me a couple times but over all is a good car. Just reading everybody's posts and learning some stuff. I know a little about cars and would like to learn. If anybody knows some helpful places to go to learn that would be great. Everybody seems to be real cool here. Looking to get some parts and stuff to make it look a little nicer on the inside and out and run a little better. Anybody got any info they would like to share or whatever, place to get stuff, or anything would be awesome. Thanks everyone. Oh and ill post the link to the pictures of it that i put in my facebook for you guys to look at. I like the orange front for some reason with the blue. Anyways thanks to all those who help

Johnathan Matodobra's Photos | Facebook

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site. Like you said a lot of cool people here with some good info. Have fun with your II :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
730 Posts
Good luck with the car. I remember when I got my first one it was the same excitement when I got my second. Soon you'll notice these little cars are demons with the right work. Good Luck with it.

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
0 Posts
The leaking gas tank when filled over half is going to be a leaking filler pipe-to-tank seal. You'll definitely want to replace it, as not only does it leak when filled more than halfway, but it's allow most of your gas to evaporate right out of the tank, and allowing moisture into the tank in the form of condensation.

The stalling could be one of several things, or a combination of things, so post some details on what's going on when it stalls and myself or other members will see what we can do to help.

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Looks like she could use a nice polish/wax job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.