Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering what kind of oil I should put in it. Also, The idiot before me forgot to install the dipstick when he put on BBK headers. Is this hard to fix, replace and what part number am i going to use.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Considering your location and summer coming, I'd say 10W40 would be fine. Choosing between conventional and synthetic is up to you.
For the dipstick, it's easy to put one in. Lokar makes a flexible unit and looks a lot better than a stocker.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mobil 1 10-30 High Mileage goes in my 5.0. It may seep some oil for a week or two as the seals get cleaned up. However; the high mileage formula has seal conditioners in it that will soften the old seals and the seeping will end. When you put Mobil 1 in, that's when the wear stops.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot!! I think that will do good. I have checked under the car for leaks, I found not one drop. Can i put motorcraft synthetic blend with Lucas full synthetic in the 86. I use the same in my 06 GT and it runs great.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Synthetic blend and full synthetic are not the same. Actually, synthetic can be used with any other oil but performs best when used by itself. You could use the combo of the two, it shouldn't hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.