Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 01 mustang gt last week with 20,550 miles for $8,500. It is bone stock, so i was thinking maybe some of you could give me a few ideas on what to do to it. I already have in mind of putting some bullitt wheels on it, billet grills, aem cold air intake, and some type of power programmer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, didnt see that thread.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
It was buried, but useful. This question comes up about 3 times a week. That thread should be a sticky, but the moderators who have access to the 4.6 section are completely worthless.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's a great price for that many miles... nothing wrong with it?
Nope nothing wrong with it. Its just about spotless.

·
Registered
196 Posts
the best first mod in "my opinion" exhaust!! change that stock sound and free up those restricted ponies. i recommend O/R X and a catback of ur choice n you wont be dissapointed.:yup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the best first mod in "my opinion" exhaust!! change that stock sound and free up those restricted ponies. i recommend O/R X and a catback of ur choice n you wont be dissapointed.:yup:
I might check into that, but i probably wont do it. The po-po already hates my red gt, i dont need them hateing me anymore. I dont drive crazy or anything, but the cops around here hate red.

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's a great buy my friend, I bought my 00 for 7600 with 40k on it. Is it early or late 01 though? you might have to find that out if you intend to mod they changed out the tranny and some stuff in mid 01 production run.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I might check into that, but i probably wont do it. The po-po already hates my red gt, i dont need them hateing me anymore. I dont drive crazy or anything, but the cops around here hate red.
Yeah, my buddy drives around the same level of bonkers as I do and in his 08 torch red he has a lot more tickets (even though my car is 3X as loud with hooker long tubes, O/R H and magnaflow back).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, my buddy drives around the same level of bonkers as I do and in his 08 torch red he has a lot more tickets (even though my car is 3X as loud with hooker long tubes, O/R H and magnaflow back).
Yeah, i didnt want to buy a red one, but it was such a deal i had to get it. Red was on the bottom of my favorite colors list. I obey the law most of the time, so i really dont know why they hate me. Other than its red. Im leaving the exhaust stock, so maybe they will leave me alone. Im 16, i dont need a lot of tickets.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, i didnt want to buy a red one, but it was such a deal i had to get it. Red was on the bottom of my favorite colors list. I obey the law most of the time, so i really dont know why they hate me. Other than its red. Im leaving the exhaust stock, so maybe they will leave me alone. Im 16, i dont need a lot of tickets.
The first shouty camaro lining up with you between lights will have you itching, tickets are unfortunately a part of being young with fast wheels lol.

I only have gotten one, and beat it thank goodness but it requires vigilance :gringreen

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol. Yeah, like i said i obey the law most of the time. Sometimes i just cant help it though. :yelpleased: Its a GT!! Thats what its for. Lol. I run a radar detector all the time, but they still appear out of nowhere all the time on me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey look into the Mach 1 delete grill. I have it on my car and I think it looks much better than any other option out there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey look into the Mach 1 delete grill. I have it on my car and I think it looks much better than any other option out there.
I just bought a billet upper and lower grill. I like the Mach 1 grill, but i wanted to have a matching upper and lower grill.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You gotta do what you like the best, It is your car after all and you see it everyday. I like the fact not every mustang looks exactly the same. It would be very boring, nothing like going to a show or a meet and seeing all the different options out there. The Mach ! delete was already done before I bought the car, but I do like it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You gotta do what you like the best, It is your car after all and you see it everyday. I like the fact not every mustang looks exactly the same. It would be very boring, nothing like going to a show or a meet and seeing all the different options out there. The Mach ! delete was already done before I bought the car, but I do like it.
Exactly. :bigthumbsup Its like people, we cant all look the same.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
boy im glad i live in the motor city. cops around here dont give a rats patootie how loud your car is. the only way they'll pull you over for exhaust is if they need an excuse to pull you over and check for other things like drunk driving or whatever.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
boy im glad i live in the motor city. cops around here dont give a rats patootie how loud your car is. the only way they'll pull you over for exhaust is if they need an excuse to pull you over and check for other things like drunk driving or whatever.
Dont ever go south. I love the south, but the cops suck. Bama, georgia,florida,tennessee, everywhere ive been in the south, the cops always hate me. I think they are just jealous. Lol. :hihi:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't ever come to NJ, There are so many small towns here and each town does their own thing. You can be going 45 down the road and then enter a small town that has a 25MPH limit and they put the signs behind trees and wait for you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts