Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well pleased to say ive got the car now and what a blast it is to drive, pulls really well and you just cant beat that RWD fun! Im only 22 and all my cars have been FWD hot hatches but always fancied a bit of american muscle :D

I just need pointing in the right direction i think, its running a stock Supercharger and i think it peaks at 5 psi. What other mods can i do to get more power? Any minor modifications you would recommend?

Ive heard i can bolt a Roots supercharger that came off the S281E however they are rare? Would love to make my charger sound more whiney, any ideas?

Sorry for the questions, but you guys know these cars inside out i should imagine? How tuneable are they?

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Intake and exhaust I would think you might want to check out next. Also, have you had it on a dyno? A custom tune would net you more power for sure!!!

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
The car has plenty of potential. You could upgrade the blower if you'd like. It shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on a good blower across the pond. Maybe an intercooled Kenne Bell?

Don't neglect traction too. Suspension and tires! Depending on which model Saleen you have, you might be rolling on regular GT suspension and brakes. Post some pics, including the engine compartment, and we'll make some suggestions.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Your cheapest bet would be to put a smaller pulley on your current blower with a large idler pulley to limit belt slip. That should get that sucker winding up. And a dyno tune certainly wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car has plenty of potential. You could upgrade the blower if you'd like. It shouldn't be too hard to get your hands on a good blower across the pond. Maybe an intercooled Kenne Bell?

Don't neglect traction too. Suspension and tires! Depending on which model Saleen you have, you might be rolling on regular GT suspension and brakes. Post some pics, including the engine compartment, and we'll make some suggestions.

Thanks for the ideas< i was thinking the pulley mod first maybe. Anyone know any good places where i could get these performance parts from?

Pics as requested:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nice mustang:bigthumbsup American muscle, Summit racing, Latemodel restoration, and also check this website for more websites that have tons of mustang parts that will make that pony of yours run stronger:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,457 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice looking car. Crazy wide rims.

Do you know if the blower is intercooled? For some reason, i was thinking only the S281E was intercooled. If yours is NOT intercooled, you won't want to get crazy with the pulley. You could risk damaging the engine.

As for where to buy parts:

UPR Products | Mustang Parts & Performance | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Billet | Mustang Cold Air Intakes | Mustang Exhaust for suspension and Summit Racing for everything else. :)

Thats great, thanks for your help Sharad, and yes i have a receipt for a recent Chargecooler thats been fitted. When looking at the boost when i open it up, it peaks at 5 psi? Is this ok? Ive seen a video on youtube showing a standard one running 9 psi?

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
if you're intercooled, you can increase the boost a lot! (up to 10lbs?) but you need a new tune for that. If you don't have a shop over there that can tune it for you, see if a shop here in the states will load a tuner with a custom tune for your car and ship it to you. We do custom tunes at UPR Products | Mustang Parts & Performance | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Billet | Mustang Cold Air Intakes | Mustang Exhaust but I don't know if we'll have a file for your exact combo. You can call 561.588.6630, ask for Jeremy, and tell him I suggested for you to call about a custom tune with a smaller blower pulley.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you're intercooled, you can increase the boost a lot! (up to 10lbs?) but you need a new tune for that. If you don't have a shop over there that can tune it for you, see if a shop here in the states will load a tuner with a custom tune for your car and ship it to you. We do custom tunes at UPR Products | Mustang Parts & Performance | Mustang Suspension | Mustang Billet | Mustang Cold Air Intakes | Mustang Exhaust but I don't know if we'll have a file for your exact combo. You can call 561.588.6630, ask for Jeremy, and tell him I suggested for you to call about a custom tune with a smaller blower pulley.
Yea it is intercooled :) is that 10 psi? ok, thanks Sharad, ill ring them tomorrow when i get the chance, have to work the time difference out though :laughlitt

Ive just seen someone upgrade to a Saleen series IV blower and with slight modification to the manifold it fits a treat. Been looking at that as a cheaper option? Im not p for forging the internals just yet but id be happy with 400rwhp. But on another site they recommend a Kenne Bell is the cheaper option. Too much to choose from :yelwacko:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts