Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm back in the mustang world after about a 4 year hiatus. I picked up a 2013 Ingot Silver GT Base w/ 6 Speed, Tech Package, and 3.73s. It had 37k miles. I got it for $20,995. Couldn't pass it up. I efffin love this thing! Huge upgrade from my almost stock 02 True Blue GT. Haha. Bought 2013 with some aftermarket mods already. It looks to have the Magnaflow Competition Cat Back (Sounds so nasty!), Roush CAI, and a Poweraid TB Spacer. Not sure if it has been tuned or not, but I was wondering if anyone on here would have an estimate on how much HP it should be putting down with said mods. Just a ballpark figure, as I know every car is different and without knowing if its tuned, who knows. I will eventually get it to a dyno and see what she is really putting down.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Depends on the tune. Anywhere from stock to maaaaybe +15 or 20 depending on how good the tune was.

Ditch the TB spacer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
It would likely be putting out a few HP over stock as the mods you listed don't make major differences in power. If it has a tune that is where most of your power gains are going to be.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If you did not receive a "tuner" with the car we will assume it was put back to stock or never tuned. If it is tuned without getting the tuner with the car you have a problem.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I would definitely buy a Xcal4 as your next mod. Mine didn't come with a tuner but had a BAMA decal under the hood. Luckily i still had an xtra Xcal 3 at the house. I wouldn't really beat on it till you get it tuned. I'm going to guess in the 380-385 range too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info, guys. I honestly do not think it's been tuned since, after more research, I found the CAI to just the short tube, filter,and box from Roush. Which is listed as not needing a tune on American Muscle. Its one of the cheapest ones on there, so I'm going to assume the last owner was cheap or on a budget and definitely didn't put out the cash for a tune.
But, I just bought a weighted shifter from Flossy and a Barton Shifter for my first mods. That stock shift is so awful. After that, I think springs are next, but then gonna look into a tune.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks for the info, guys. I honestly do not think it's been tuned since, after more research, I found the CAI to just the short tube, filter,and box from Roush. Which is listed as not needing a tune on American Muscle. Its one of the cheapest ones on there, so I'm going to assume the last owner was cheap or on a budget and definitely didn't put out the cash for a tune.
But, I just bought a weighted shifter from Flossy and a Barton Shifter for my first mods. That stock shift is so awful. After that, I think springs are next, but then gonna look into a tune.
If you are doing springs to lower it, there is lots of other parts that need to come with that. There should be some good threads about needed parts.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sell the Barton and get an MGW race spec, you'll thank yourself! If you want to lower more than 1 inch you should also get shocks and struts. A panhard bar, LCAs and relocation brackets are a must for any drop. I'd honestly address suspension for a tune. You'll put the power down much better.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
That CAI setup is probably a hair better than stock....maybe. I would just leave it as is. The tune is what gives the most HP when you look at someone getting their coyote tuned and then tuned with a CAI. So I honestly wouldn't spend $300 on a new CAI unless you find like a JLT for really cheap in good condition and you just want to have it.
Honestly, if you know how to drive that 6 speed, as in launching it at the track, and get some MT drag radials, you'll be a low 12 second car. Depending on DA, temp and such, could see high 11's.
With my Auto with tune, JLT CAI, cat deletes, X pipe and axle back and street tires I ran a 12.4 @ 113mph with a 2.0 60'. And that was also with BMR lower control arms and panhard bar. I still need to install the upper and a few other mods. Then torque converter and DR's and 11's will be cake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts