Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i just bought my second mustang today (well, yesterday, friday). im pretty sure i got a good deal. just wanted to see what you guys thought. 1994 V6 with a 289 engine. body has 117k miles, seller said engine has less than 1k miles. the bad: no shiftknob (easily replaced), broken vent (easily replaced) no backseat, and 2 scratches nothing too major. the engine on this car is still pullin strong. any thoughts, opinions, comnments or questions? oh, and its dark green.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Gironating Rat said:
hey, i just bought my second mustang today (well, yesterday, friday). im pretty sure i got a good deal. just wanted to see what you guys thought. 1994 V6 with a 289 engine. body has 117k miles, seller said engine has less than 1k miles. the bad: no shiftknob (easily replaced), broken vent (easily replaced) no backseat, and 2 scratches nothing too major. the engine on this car is still pullin strong. any thoughts, opinions, comnments or questions? oh, and its dark green.
get the heads checked.

In fact, take it to the dealer and make sure the recalls are up to date.

Get the documentation on the engine.

and pick up some underdrivers . ..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Pinto said:
congrats on the car. The 3.8L is a 232 cubic inch engine
but its also a new engine, so it may be bigger

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
demonicsharpie said:
but its also a new engine, so it may be bigger
you don't gain 50+ ci just like that!

:eyebulge:

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Gironating Rat said:
what about with a engine swap? from a V6 232 ci to a V8 289 ci cuz i forgot to mention the new engine is a V8, not a V6.
a 289?

Once you swap angines like that, it's a custom situation - I couldn't diagnose anything, without looking at it physically.

is it carbed? Why a 289, when a 5.0L would be a better engine, all around?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.